SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from a stock 140 to say a 145 or 150????

just curious???? i have the jet in my hand and thought until i decide to jet the bike(after warranty is up) if its gonna make a difference to run a tad richer since they run these things lean??? i have a billet power tip

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you are worried about the warranty and jetting, they could easily say that you billet power tip can void it. Do yourself and bike a favor and get a full jet kit now. Or better yet get an FCR-MX and don't "waste" your money on the Mukuni. You will also need to do the 3x3 mod on the airbox to make any difference when jetting it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please do not reply with go buy a fcr, or jet kit, i am looking for specific info on just replacing the MJ, and maybe changing the needle clip.....does it do anything? looking for those who know from avtually doing it not just installing a jet kit and saying there better....

i went down this road with my dr650 but looking for info on the drz's. BTW this is a SM 2006 drz model.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
upping the main jet without changing the pilot jet will probably make it run funky somewhere in the throttle range...they work together to give you smooth throttle response thruout the range of throttle control.

to up any part of the jetting with out a free-er flowing pipe or air filter wont do much of anything at all. (you definately wont feel any difference although you might notice a loud popping sound as running it rich will leave a lot of unburned gasses in the exhaust that will re-ignite when it hits the open expanse of your muffler.

Id wait as you are most likely going to cause more problems that build power or make your bike run better.

and even though you asked us not to..as a technician who has worked on bikes for many years...get a jet kit and wait untill you add an aftermarket pipe/or air filter like a k&N.

this is america though...change it out and see what happens...you can always change it back if your not happy.

SDMOTARD

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The jet kit won't void your warranty, so just install the damn thing and enjoy. The needle and the pilot jet do more for the perfomance of the bike than the main jet, so changing just the main would be a waste of time.

:bike:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok ok ok ok ok ill do a dam jetkit if i do the DJ kit then i need a larger pilot and new screws for the bowl correct? i have no local JD kits dealers near me

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
ok ok ok ok ok ill do a dam jetkit if i do the DJ kit then i need a larger pilot and new screws for the bowl correct? i have no local JD kits dealers near me
Order what you need from the Thumper Talk store. It is really easy to do.

:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts