SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search button and seems it's not working right now so i'll just ask. I am buying a CRF100 and was wondering if the Big Bore kit's are worth getting enough to notice a difference? I am just talking about the simple bolt on ones like say to make it a 120? Also if getting a bigger carburator would help get a little more pep out of it and if so what size is the best? Thanks

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
thw 120 kit definately make a noticable difference.

they say the ATC 250R is the carb to have so I got one and its an improvement esspecially up top but I was never able to get it to run as smooth as the stocker.

Im trying an XL125 carb next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thw 120 kit definately make a noticable difference.

they say the ATC 250R is the carb to have so I got one and its an improvement esspecially up top but I was never able to get it to run as smooth as the stocker.

Im trying an XL125 carb next.
so just buying any brand carb isn't good? I have been seeing some 30mm on ebay and have been thinking about getting one of those with the 120cc big bore kit and see if we can't make this bike a little more power.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Be carefull with carb choice, those cheap carbs on ebay are not worth it, dont even waste your money. A big bore kit on a 100 is awsome, it makes a huge improvement over stock, you wont be dissapointed. With any of the performance parts for this or anything remember that you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have two stock CRF150F's, except both have been rejetted with the air box mods done, too. I just ordered for one of them the Engines Only 175cc big bore kit, along with the stage II cam, 28mm Mikuni carb, and the Outlaw Series high pipe. After I get that put together, with help from my local mechanic, I am going to make a video in which I compare the difference in speed between the stock 150 and the one with the Engines Only performance upgrades. I will share that with you guys when it is done.

So anybody thinking of doing engine mods, such as a big bore kit, look for this video to come out in April or sooner. One bike is going to have 5 or more horsepower than the other one, and we'll get to see how that translates in a speed test.

Pics of upgrade parts:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts