SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my SM to the North Ga Mountains a lot to do the twisty roads... When I am at home where its flat and straight I like to dual sport ride.... What is involved to put the 610 dual sport rims and tires on my SM .. Basicly I want to be able to have a full set of rims and tires to switch back and forth between... Is this possible and will the SM hold up to an offroad pounding?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK ... I went to my Husky dealer yesterday to order parts ... Just for front rim, hub and brake caliber total was $1400.00 I aint going the=at route... What are other alternatives?

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK ... I went to my Husky dealer yesterday to order parts ... Just for front rim, hub and brake caliber total was $1400.00 I aint going the=at route... What are other alternatives?[/QUOTE]

If you don't plan on entering any enduros or doing any serious berm-busting, you can always throw a set of Pirelli MT60's on there. They stick like glue on pavement, and they work surprisingly well in rocks, snow and creek crossings. Not so great in greasy clay mud. They're kinda pricey and they're very soft so I don't think they'll last too long, but they're fun while they're good.:bike:

Here's my long-distance dual-sporter in NV with a set of MT60's. They're pretty capable.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

WoodsChick

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK ... I went to my Husky dealer yesterday to order parts ... Just for front rim, hub and brake caliber total was $1400.00 I aint going the=at route... What are other alternatives?
I think you need to find a new dealer!

Hall's Husqvarna will let you download the parts manual, and then give you real time pricing when you enter the part numbers into your shopping cart.

I checked two days ago and I believe the prices were:

Complete front hub with bearings, spacers, etc.: $245
Rim: $151
Caliper: $99

Not trying to imply that ordering OEM parts is the best way to fly, just saying something sounds fishy at your dealer...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome .. I will do some more checking online today ... Hell at those prices I would have just bought a Yammy 230 to run the trails on ... I really think this bike would be a kick ass dirt bike

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't own one but I bought an 04' TC450 from a guy who just purchased a new 07'SM610...he kept the front brake assembly and the complete wheels...apparently that year they bolt right on including the spacers...I was going ti SM the TC but found out the whole front end needs to be changed...so I got the bike without the wheels etc and managed to find a complete used set with front brake for $1000...hope that helps.

Cheers

Moe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Remember the SM front end an brake system is different than the TE..plus a 21" font wheel will hit your fender and break it off.

I'm running a 19" front and 17 rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts