SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Roughly 7 hours ago from now I fell on my bike and i hit the road kinda hard. The bike is fine and I've only got some roadrash BUT my right foot is being weird. At first sight at the crash, the top of my foot was swollen badly in two specific places, one swollen part has this cut which wouldn't stop bleeding and the other is just a giant bump.

After elevating my leg for a couple of hours with ice and pressure, its still bleeding somewhat but the swelling turned from 2 concentrated places to spread all over the top of my foot.

I doubt it is broken though, I can move all my toes and my ankle fine without the severe pain of knowing that its broken. I'm just wondering what exactly it is i'm having and how long it would take to heal.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If you have health insurance, I would go get it checked out. Could just be a back contusion from getting it hit pretty hard.

I wouldn't risk it because if it gets infected you might get gang green and lose your foot... :D

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Nothing against the people in the forum, but I don't know if I would take advice off of a forum like this lol. You should get that checked out. May not seem like much now, but you could run in to problems a few years down the road. I had a motocross jump reach out and grab me. Amongst other things my wrist was not feeling like it was before the mound of dirt intercepted me. Needless to say I tried to tough it out until I was forced to go to the hospital the following day. After some x-rays and a cast I was on my way. Of course a couple of weeks later I bought a couple of ATV's to ride while I was in a cast (against Dr.'s orders). Now Here I am several years later with a wrist that still isn't right. Moral of the story is, better to be on the safe side now and save yourself some potential health problems in the future.

·
Registered
434 Posts
wrong forum dude! you need webMD!:lol:

but seriously!!! go to the effin ER or urgent care! a finger healing on it's own = MAYBE!.... a buted ass continually bleeding foot?!?!?!?!?! I think I'd go with or with out insurance! I'd rather have a little medical debt then be crippled from trying to be a tight ass :flush:

if you ain't got a picture I ain't buying it!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wrong forum dude! you need webMD!:lol:

but seriously!!! go to the effin ER or urgent care! a finger healing on it's own = MAYBE!.... a buted ass continually bleeding foot?!?!?!?!?! I think I'd go with or with out insurance! I'd rather have a little medical debt then be crippled from trying to be a tight ass :flush:

if you ain't got a picture I ain't buying it!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
:wtf: GD DUDE!!!!!!! you better go hop your happy ass to a doctor STAT! that looks ROUGH!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I would get it checked out. It is possible that you fractured some of the dozens of bones in your foot. Go get some x-rays, don't be a fool!

At least you didn't punch yourself in the face and break your nose like Goose did...........:anim_peep:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
^^Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but having broke my foot before, I'll bet you've broken something in there. But, I'm no doctor, and as already said in this thread go see one NOW. Yes, it's expensive, but you'll be glad when you're 100% with no lasting effects.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
your big toe on your left foot looks broken!!! :D kidding kidding

It doesn't look as bad as I thought it might. you might want to get it looked it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice guys. Really i was hoping it would just be a bad sprain or something. A cast is the LAST thing i want to be in right now since i pretty much got out of one a month ago... FML

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. Really i was hoping it would just be a bad sprain or something. A cast is the LAST thing i want to be in right now since i pretty much got out of one a month ago... FML
a cast for a few months is better than crippled for life:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Looks like you fractured a metatarsal bone or two. I just broke my wrist on 1/13, and the swelling was really different than with wrist and ankle sprains I've had in the past. The swelling in my wrist and hand looked a lot like what you have in your foot, and the pain wasn't all that severe. The problem you risk is a displaced bone or bone fragment. Those do not heal well at all.

FWIW, my ER visit was a grand total of $251 w/ x-rays and temporary wrap. If you don't have any fractures, then that's it, you're done.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Go to the hospital. I broke a few bones in my foot (and arm) a few years ago and it was painfull and swollen like yours. Didn't need a cast for my foot and just strapped it up for me. Doctor told me to take it easy for a few weeks and wear lace up boots for support if I was walking. I was riding the bike again a week later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys thanks to all of you for the feedback. I went to the hospital yesterday and i have this tiny fracture on my big toe bone :p it does not look or feel all too serious though and i decided to wrap it up with bandage myself and just take it easy for the next few weeks. Doc himself said it would take around 3 weeks or a month to be ok.

haha on the night of the crash i felt like a total soldier though :p wrapping up those bleeding wounds with cloth and shit hahahhaha that was gangsta ^^ i'm just happy i didn't rebreak my tibia because that would have sucked

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
im not a doctor but i did sleep at a holiday inn select last night so now i feel overly qualified to diagnose your injury...NOT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts