SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
The IRS dosn't send e mail. They send auditors. Don't open them up either.:headshake

·
Registered
605 Posts
The IRS sent me a letter a few weeks ago, claiming I owed them another $12k from 2006... so I looked into it.. .and found the error. Turns out, once corrected properly, they actually owe me another $300. Thanks boys for finding me more money.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The IRS sent me a letter a few weeks ago, claiming I owed them another $12k from 2006... so I looked into it.. .and found the error. Turns out, once corrected properly, they actually owe me another $300. Thanks boys for finding me more money.
Nice!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sadly, it probably cost John more than $300 (or close too) of his time to go out of his way to _have_ to find the error.

Yaaaay Govt.! NOT. :headshake
Unless John could have made more than $12300 in the time it took him to investigate :)

The IRS are nasty bastids. They charge interest and penalties under so many conditions (i.e. late payment of taxes, underpayment of taxes, mis-claiming, etc).

I received an email from my accounting department at work, stating that I may be eligible for the Earned-Income Tax Credit. What a slap in the face! "We paid you so poorly in the last year that we think you should check with the gov't to make up the difference".
For the record, I make a decent wage, but it was a simple accounting error as I only started with this company in Q4, triggering them sending the email.

Thanks for the IRS email heads-up, though. I'll pass it on.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Heyyy! When is it my turn to tell you guys what you can and can't start threads about????

(sic):infrandom

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow, he was trying to warn people. no need to be a dick about it.
Nooo, I wasnt being a dick, I was just saying - there are literally millions of emails to phish your personal details going around, its better off warning people about them in general other than just *one* which noone apart from him on this forum will receive.

Otherwise, prove me wrong.[/not being a dick just saying]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts