SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SM Junkies

I’ve lurked a small bit but now need to sign on to do searches and ask questions. Last year I did a couple of track days thanks to Forrest at Wheeling Cycle who rented bikes and set up the Beaverun days, and the folks at MFI who set up the Summit Point days. Not surprisingly, I was instantly hooked!

I bought a new 2009 Husky SM450 from MFI a few months ago and have been using it for commuting, but with the intention of track days and racing. Since then an opportunity has come up that is causing me to make a return to road racing. That means I’ll only be able to make a few SM events between now and August. After that who knows?

Cheers,
Jim

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
:welcome: to SMJ!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you don't love the dirt, I guess I understand. Hope you're keeping your Husky though :thumbup:
Oh yes, the road racing is just temporary (most of this season). I'm keeping the Husky for sure with intent to flog it mercilessly :D

I don't have a strong dirt background but do have a KTM 400EXC and used it a few weeks ago for the Shane Watts Dirtwise school. I'm flying out to Reno next month to meet my brother and nephews who are putting up a bike for me to ride in the Virginia City Grand Prix, a 3 hour (min) desert race where I fully expect to suffer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts