SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I should have my new seat and lowering links when I get home today. I just thought it would be a good idea to throw up a post to see if there is anything I need to know.

I assume the seat comes off pretty easily.....probably a couple bolts, so that shouldn't be a problem. For the lowering links, I was told that I'll need to install new bushings, or use the old factory ones. I may just buy new ones on the way home if they are cheap.

Are there any tricks to installing the lowering links that I need to know about. I'm just planning on putting the bike up on the stand and lifting it until just before the back wheel comes off the ground. After that, I'll remove the factory links, and lower the bike down on the stand until the new links line up. Am I missing anything else?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the tips guys.....NOT! J/K Anyway, I go it all done if anyone cares. It was a pretty simple job. I feel much more confident on the bike now, but I do notice that the turn in is a bit slower. I guess that's just the price I have to pay for being short. Overall, the increase in confidence makes the bike much more fun to ride and that's what it's all about, right? I think I'll ride it "as is" for a while then decide if I want to mess with the front suspension.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry i didnt see your post until today. I fitted lowering links two weeks ago, very simple. The steering is a bit slower, but i find it more stable on faster corners. It has given me a lot of confidence, especially off road. Have you lowered the forks to the bars yet? You can also buy bar raisers so you can lower the forks further and get the bike back to how it was originally. All in all for me a good buy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
If your lowering links have an increase in leverage you should reset sag otherwise it'll make the rear of the bike squat too much which leads to the sensation of slower steering, and the raising of forks won't be able to compensate. But if you reset sag then the fork raising will be more effective; fyi, there is no 1:1 ratio of fork:rear suspension because changes to rake/trail affect geometry at a different rate than changes to the rear suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts