SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my LED Headlight from Uptite today. It looks like a VERY nice unit. It took about 10 min to install it into housing. Total installation time on a 08+ would have ended there but because I have a 07 510SMR I needed to run DC voltage to the headlight via a switch power source from the battery. Install looks nice and clean. I used the switch that Highway Dirtbikes sells to fit their billet top clamps.

I took it for a ride and its soooo much brighter that the stock light and I love how it stays BRIGHT the whole time. No more dimming when coming down a hill on the brakes. The only thing I thought would be better was the actual beam distance. Its bright as hell in front of the bike but as it goes down the road it dissipated a lot more than I thought it would. I could probly aim it slightly up to help it but I am using it on the street so it needs to be in the middle so other people (and cops) dont get their retinas burned out. I measured the stock high and low beam height on the wall and set this light in the middle of the two. I rode all through my town tonite and never got flashed so I guess its all good.

Here are some pics!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
sweet...no low/high beam?

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
No hi/lo. Just on or off. And yes it will fit '06.
It looks brighter than the stocker by far, are you still able to adjust the beam with the stock adjuster? To project it further down the road? If you don't mind, how much $? You can just pm me if need be. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks brighter than the stocker by far, are you still able to adjust the beam with the stock adjuster? To project it further down the road? If you don't mind, how much $? You can just pm me if need be. Thanks
Yea its waaay brighter than stock. You dont use the stock adjuster but the way it mounts is where the 2 plastic pins are on the stock housing....this one has 2 studs with washers and nuts, so you can aim it up and down that way.
It cost me $259 shipped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts