SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently I'm running a 16 tooth front and 48 rear on my yz, and it's just too low for the way I ride. I hit the rev limiter at 85mph, and doin 70 on the freeway is just spinning the motor way too hard to maintain for any amount of time. Everywhere I've looked the smallest rear sprocket I can get is 47, and I'm already bigger up front than most make. One tooth in back isn't gonna get me where I wanna be, so do any of you have any ideas for me?

Thanks

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have a 45 tooth on my wr . motostrano is selling driven alloy spockets right now down to a 44 for 30 bucks I'm sure you can buy a 39 to a 52 tooth for you bike from them. are you running 17 inch rims? I've heard of people getting those bikes to like 110 or more so just get a smaller rear , and go at it. Is a 39 not small enough? I don't think a 17 will clear on the front with out cutting

http://www.motostrano.com/drivensprocket.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
check with sprocket specialtys, I know they used to do alot of odd size sprockets that others dont offer, they may have a smaller rear then you have now. Another option is to talk to a machinist. They can order any size blank sprocket you want, then machine the inside to match the stock yz400 sprocket. This may cost more then a stocker but will give you exactly what you want. I would shop for the best price and try finding a smaller sprocket from a company first. The custom will cost alot, and if you under or over estemate what you need, it can get costly. It would be better to waste 50 on a one size smaller, then twice that on a custom that still isnt right.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have 1 of those being shipped for my bike too. I talk to the guy there and he said they have then so cheap because they have like way too many of those in stock like 200 of each size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts