SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running a IMS 3gallon tank on their wr250x?

how is it?
how many miles are you getting on a tank?
easy to install?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would think you get an extra 65-75 more miles out of the bike with the tank. I however dont think they are all that flattering

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought the 3 gallon looked almost exactly like stock. The only difference I've seen from pictures posted is the top where the cap sits is slightly taller.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone know of a good quality aftermarket tank worth buying? Or does no one make one yet? I really would like a little more range with the x.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i get 75-80 miles before the light comes on, and get to about 90 before i fill up. and never burn a whole tank at a time. thats more than enough range for me. im never that far from a station though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone running the 3 gallon ims?? I'm really wanting. More range... Is the california tanks smaller?

·
Registered
104 Posts
i get 75-80 miles before the light comes on, and get to about 90 before i fill up. and never burn a whole tank at a time. thats more than enough range for me. im never that far from a station though.
I usually fill up at 70 to 75 miles, the thought of uncovering the fuel pump scares me, especially since mine is an '08.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also got an '08....
What's the problem with the fuel pump when you fill up at over 75 miles?
Curious to know actually :hmmm:
The '08 bikes had a fuel pump failure issue that the newer bikes seem not to suffer from. It has nothing to do with miles riden, I just prefer to keep my pump submurged in fuel at all times because that helps keep it cool. I have no evidence it wil save the pump from an untimely death but a cool electric motor should last longer than a hot electric motor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The '08 bikes had a fuel pump failure issue that the newer bikes seem not to suffer from. It has nothing to do with miles riden, I just prefer to keep my pump submurged in fuel at all times because that helps keep it cool. I have no evidence it wil save the pump from an untimely death but a cool electric motor should last longer than a hot electric motor.
Thanks for the info ;)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Go here: http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/ <-- clicky

More than a few people there have the IMS tanks. Pretty sure the bugs have been worked out and the only aesthetic issue is that the gap between the seat and the tank is a bit bigger than some people like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts