SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my KLX250SF from the dealership today that installed my Dynojet jet kit (# 2182). I have a Two Brothers M7 exhaust on my bike as well. I've had the TBR exhaust on the bike for about a month.

Ride home was approximately 20 miles.

My first impressions are as follows:

1. Wow, the throttle seems SO smooth now.

2. Shifting seems smoother now too.

3. No more loud popping during deceleration.

4. During deceleration it’s more of a “gurgle” now but not nearly as loud or bad sounding as before.

5. Only thing that seemed to change was rolling off the throttle isn’t as smooth as it was before; it’s almost like the fuel is cut off and there’s a slight jerk to the bike. One of my previous bikes was a Yamaha FJR1300 (2006) and that thing was to Euro specs and decel was horrible. It was like the throttle was either “on” or “off”. No way to modulate. The KLX isn’t nearly as bad (yes, it’s not FI like the Yami) but it was something I noticed on the ride home.

Per the recommendation from Two Brothers directly, specific to Dynojet’s jet kit, this is my set-up:

Snorkel removed.
Jet needle in the 3rd position.
128 main jet.
Fuel mixture screw 3 turns out.
Stock 35 pilot jet.

No doubt this is something for everyone to do, especially if you are running anything but the stock exhaust system.

Cost was less than $200 for the install and $60 for the kit.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
530 Posts
$200 dollars, to install jets, and switch the clip around? did you ride up to the shop on your HD?... glad i've always changed my jets, i guess with prices like that being normal, i can see why my friends had me install them i will say it is a pain getting the klx carb off... but i'd take it back to them and tell them to get it right for 200 bucks.. but hopes u get it worked out to your likings.
good luck man

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will say it is a pain getting the klx carb off...
Hence, why I had the dealership install it. ;)

Yeah, I might have been able to save $50 by going to a non-dealership shop but I figured the (potential) additional cost was worth it. I actually paid $189 for the install and "tuning".

I can say that I am REALLY happy with this modification. Bike runs so much better and the exhaust even seems a bit quieter (seems to have mellowed out a bit).

I also no longer have the dead/flat spot between 2-3k when the bike is first started.

:bannana:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts