SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a mechanic for a pro cycling team, been in the bike business for a long time. i have LOTS of stuff laying around, parts, wheels, frames...anyway, i was going through my boxes of crap, and found an old shimano XTR brake lever. i've always liked the way these feel, soooooo...long story short, it works. really well.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
i'm a mechanic for a pro cycling team, been in the bike business for a long time. i have LOTS of stuff laying around, parts, wheels, frames...anyway, i was going through my boxes of crap, and found an old shimano XTR brake lever. i've always liked the way these feel, soooooo...long story short, it works. really well.

that's from a bicycle?:hmmm:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it's from a bicycle. it's '93 shimano XTR, forged lever & body. good stuff.

i work for a womens pro road team, Peanut Butter & Co. TWENTY12. home of more national championships this year than any other womens team in the country, and the '10 tour of new zealand champ, and the '10 giro di italia feminile (trying not to brag, but my girls rock!:D)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread needs pictures
Of the team!

Cool idea, I think I have a spare XTR set-up in a box somewhere I may give it a try on my old KTM 250sx or even the KLX650r if I can dig another one up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's the team FB page...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peanut-Butter-Co-TWENTY12-Professional-Cycling-Team/443060650470
and the website...http://teamtwenty12.com/ there's
some cool video shot by our friends at brakethrough media. they did the sram commercials that ran all the time during VS tour de france coverage. it's a full program w/ a jr team, U23's and pros. and our director, kristin armstrong ('08 olympic gold medalist and multiple world champion) just announced her return to racing after having a baby. she's targeting the tt at the london olympics.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i swapped the lever and the left side switch gear, feels better to me. i'll put a pic up later.

sorry SC, we're a SRAM sponsored team...but i've messed around w/ Di2 and it is amazing. it just flat works...all the time, any shift you want. very well engineered. i'd buy a group if i could afford it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts