SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Beautiful

Very nice work indeed.

In my humble opinion a few very small steps away from absolute perfection.

Powdercoat rear spring white or black probably white.

Replace red tailight lens with a clear one (maybee a red bulb inside)

Grips black and white instead of orange

Maybee anodize the sprocket and front rotor carrier black.

And Finally a black header wrap.

Those are just my little ideas but either way that thing is awesome already

·
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm happy with the way it turned out. the only regret is that I didn't make a sticker for the front fender, looks kinda empty compared to the rest.

also the left numbre plate stickers doesn't allign properly, I couldn't paste em any other way so my guess is the printer screwed it up a bit. not gonne fuss about it too much since it took em long enough to send me my graphics and I only noticed they were out of allignment once I pasted em onto the plastics... might not be perfect but it's good enough. the right side worked out better.

I reworked the suspension for supermoto use and asked if they could fit a white spring, the problem was they didn't have to change the spring because it was ok for my weight so I didn't with changing it just for the colour.

the rear tyre is a goldspeed/maxxis street legal slick.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Awesome!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
BBBOOOYAAAAAA !! Noice work Skully!! I certainly hope this one gives you all the Km's the RFS motor gave you!! Love the fact that you stayed with the 6-pot Beringer and Master. Gotta give credit where credit is due!!!!

I am jealous...

·
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BBBOOOYAAAAAA !! Noice work Skully!! I certainly hope this one gives you all the Km's the RFS motor gave you!! Love the fact that you stayed with the 6-pot Beringer and Master. Gotta give credit where credit is due!!!!

I am jealous...
thanks, as far as reliability goes I'm aware it's a bit of a gamble with these new motors but I guess we'll have to wait and see. some of the horror stories I read on ktmtalk aren't helping keeping my mind at ease though :lol:

the wheels, rotor, sprocket, crashpads and caliper are all parts that came off my old bike. all the parts that fit on the older models are interchangeable and since I sold my bike as an enduro I was free to transfer parts, did help me to save some cash so I was able to upgrade the MC to a radial beringer and fit some other goodies.

I'm just happy I can finaly ride again, been 2 months since I last sat on a bike so I really needed my fix :D

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Nice Skully!!!!
Just a heads up... order headlight bulbs! Alot of em if your gonna do any rain riding!!!!!

·
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice Skully!!!!
Just a heads up... order headlight bulbs! Alot of em if your gonna do any rain riding!!!!!
you're right on that one, just went out for the first ride, headlight no worky :laughingr

I gotte say there's already a couple of things that need attention, my previous bike spoiled me in that way since that one ran flawless right from the start, not even the slightest issue.

let's see:
  • it won't idle well which caused the engine to cut out sometimes, raised the idle rpm but now it seems to be running to high rpm wise with the choke on.
  • speedo no worky sometimes, it doesn't get a clear signal from the magnet so I'm riding around with no speed or distance indication.
  • still need to convert the speedo the 17", told the dealer to take care of it but I guess he forgot.
  • already mentioned the headlight
  • the rings around the forks need to go, on the old exc there was just a metal circlip around the bottom of the fork legs, now there's a big round plastic thingy around both legs that rubs against the tyre. won't take long before those fly off on their own.
  • too much play on the throttle cable.

·
Registered
351 Posts
FRICKEN SICK!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Great job, looks damn nice.:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts