SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife said if I sell my car then I can buy a new bike. I only have three payments left on the car. I just got the car inspected again and I looked at the old sticker before they took it off and I only put 2854 miles on the car over the past year. So I never drive it. So what would you do? Keep the car and just save up the money for a new bike, or sell the car and go buy the bike now? If I save up, I'm going to buy a WR250X, if I sell the car I'm not sure what I'm going to get. Leaning towards either a Duke or the Ducati Hypermotard. Here is a picture of the car 2000 Camaro SS Convertible. 1 of 56 made by the way.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
go put it up on LS1tech and autotrader with the highest you think is possible, and take your time selling it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would dump it quick for just enough cash to buy the bike.... of course that suggestion also includes selling it to me for that price :D

Awseome car !
If you have the room for it and a dry clean place to park it, I say keep it. Drive it once a week or every couple of weeks and enjoy it.

If you must sell it, then +1 on taking your time and I am sure you find someone that knows what it is and also what it is worth.

Sweet car :thumbup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you only put 2800 miles on it in a year it isn't worth keeping, even if you weren't going to replace it with a bike I wouldn't keep it just for the fact your paying insurance on something that just sits.

Sell it, buy a bike. I suggest a ktm 690 smc myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't need to sell it. I know if I did I would regret it, but I can't justify keeping it. About every 4 months I get the urge to sell it. It's a tough desicion. The KTM 690 is on the list also as one of my options.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I really don't need to sell it. I know if I did I would regret it, but I can't justify keeping it. About every 4 months I get the urge to sell it. It's a tough desicion. The KTM 690 is on the list also as one of my options.
i know what you mean... best advice i ever got was to throw it out there and ignore (or harass) the lowballers... given enough time SOMEONE will want it at a price that makes parting with it ok.

once its done, its not as hard to let go.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would dump it quick for just enough cash to buy the bike.... of course that suggestion also includes selling it to me for that price :D

Awseome car !
If you have the room for it and a dry clean place to park it, I say keep it. Drive it once a week or every couple of weeks and enjoy it.

If you must sell it, then +1 on taking your time and I am sure you find someone that knows what it is and also what it is worth.

Sweet car :thumbup:
:thumbup:+1

·
Mullet Lord
3,302 Posts
I'd hang on to it. That's a beautiful car and you've obviously taken care of it. Bikes depreciate like rocks, so wait a little while, squirrel away some cash (unbeknownst to the wife) and let someone else bite off the initial hit on the bike of your choice... Just my .02

Oh, and lose the Vette wheels for some well staggered HRE's (or other quality forged pieces) and a set of springs...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the way I'm leaning. I have a friend who wants to buy the wheels. If I keep it I was going to get the black torque thrusts this winter. And there are to many dips around here, so I don't want to lower it. I started stashing money away already for a bike. And I know if I ask the same question on LS1tech they would think I was crazy. The car has 52000 miles on it. Really low mileage car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
if you want my advice keep the car. I've had two 4th gens so far. the last one I sold to buy a house over a year ago. I'm now in the market for my third and hopefully last one as I don't think I'd ever sell it. as for putting 2k miles on it in a year. my question is did you enjoy those mile's? I drove my car less then 500 miles/ year the last couple years I had the car but I enjoyed it when I had it out. I still miss the car even though I drove it that little. of all the car's I've had that is the only one I'd like back.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Keep the car, but I'm a bit biased as a Chevy guy :thumbup: I'll never sell my Z. Gorgeous car by the way :burnout:

·
Registered
41 Posts
i dont like cars like that at all, but you would be a fool to sell a car that they only made 56 of that is in that good of shape. motorcycles are a dime a dozen and alot cheaper than cars.

keep it and save to buy a bike... thats my $0.02

·
Registered
64 Posts
sell the chick car and get the 690smc for sure. or a better car haha. now if it were hard top on the other hand i would keep it but the convertible is a huge turn off for me only because it takes away the rigidity of that car which means the handling is out the window. and the bike will be Soooo Muuuuuch Mooooore Fuuuuun. lol. yeah you probably will regret selling it but thats only until you look at the bike sitting in its old spot. and i promise you the bike is gunna get 2k miles in one month. lol GL with the car though

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just out of curiosity, whats done to it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes it is a chick car, a chick magnet. Of course my wife gets hit on by more women then me when she drives it.

Only mods are lid, SS headers, ORY, magnaflow exhaust. I was going to cam it this winter. Then take it to Texas Speed for a tune.

Everytime I get the urg to sell it I take it out and blow the dust off of it. I put some more miles on it yesterday. So, I think I'll keep it a little longer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts