SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first start off by saying I currently own an xr650r dirt bike and love it. It's time to get a supermoto and I figured I'd get another 650 and go to work. So my question is what can I do or have you done to eliminate weight from your xr? If you have any suggestions on the best parts for the conversion please chime in. I just bought the bike on Friday and its time to start ordering parts!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
ditch the stock airbox/filter set-up and replace it with a pod-style filter.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
IDK. I just know that it's a pretty big chunk of plastic down in there. The BRP is a pretty big bike, though there's not much you can take off of it. The subframe is already aluminum. you could go with a lighter exhaust, lightening the wheels as much as possible will make a HUGE difference in how the bike rides, as it's rotating weight. you could ditch the front fender and go for that Euro Monobike look.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man you have one bad xr:thumbup: Do you know the weight of it? How much weight do you think that dual exhaust adds over an aftermarket single if any? Is the crf frontend worth changing over for a crappy rider like me who isn't going to push the stock suspension to its limits...yet?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
man you have one bad xr:thumbup: Do you know the weight of it? How much weight do you think that dual exhaust adds over an aftermarket single if any? Is the crf frontend worth changing over for a crappy rider like me who isn't going to push the stock suspension to its limits...yet?
The suspension on my CRF is so much nicer than the R's. Noticable diffornce:thumbup:

But the XR has decent suspension anyway, it just needs some adjusting for supermoto.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The suspension on my CRF is so much nicer than the R's. Noticable diffornce:thumbup:

But the XR has decent suspension anyway, it just needs some adjusting for supermoto.
I've got the CRF front forks on mine. I'm no pro rider, yet it was a very noticeable difference. I didn't just install the forks stock. I had the front forks and rear shock re-valved to match each other for my weight. Very sweet. Did it for a friend on his 650 and he didn't do the re-valve. Night and day difference between our bikes suspension. Worth the swap if done right.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Is that tank ALL CF, or is it just a cover?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i dont know if it counts as an XR anymore, but it would be cool and light if you put the XR motor in a CR frame, then kept it as light as possible from there....

·
Registered
108 Posts
they will be forsale. I dont think we will do the tanks...its a cover. But the rest of the parts are stong as Fack, and super hi quality. Expect to pay..
dont want to get yanked for advertising....but this just showing off!

·
Registered
108 Posts
XR gaism!

its madness.

2 bikes like you have never seen them before. The worlds first all Carbon 650R. Gen 1. Wait until you see the next generations of this sensation!:thumbup:

But thats not all! An 08 KTM XC-E Electric start. We have been busy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts