SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you get popping when shifting gears?

I'll start from the beginning.

When I got my bike, it had the battery relocated into the airbox, with no extra space cut out of the airbox except for the battery. It had a 22.5 Pilot, 150 Main, JD Blue needle (3rd clip )and the stock screw. It also had the stock header, and an open and chopped Yosh RS-3 slip-on.

It ran fine.

Recently I cut more plastic off of the top of the airbox (a 3.5x2.5 hole, couldn't fit 3x3), picked up a Keintech screw, and moved up to a 155 Main. Keep in mind the computer and bunch of wiring are covering the airbox holes...

It was running pretty good. I got my idle and 1/4 throttle speeds sorted out. 1/2 to open throttle seemed fine too.

But I had that popping coming when I shift, usually in the lower gears, but sometimes all the way through. I've been reading jetting threads all day. I thought that I was running lean and that was causing this.

Swapped the 155 for a 160. Started it up, idled fine, went to ride it down the street, and half way through first gear.... it bogs out and dies. Started back up, but the same thing happened again.

Thought maybe I forgot to connect the vacuum line to the petcock. Went out and checked, but it's hooked up. No kinks either. Tried again just to make sure, no go.

Any ideas? :damn:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Nevermind. I'm retarded.

Got the startup and main jets mixed up when I was cleaning them.

The bike actually runs, and fucking great, with a 160 main instead of a 62.5 ...

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
happens to the best of us...nice to find out it was a simple issue..:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts