SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But I didn't and now....

So either I sell it, or I think I'm trolling for motor parts, a trolling motor?? or buyer, or just my fair share of abuse. :rolleyes2:

Or part of the reason I bought it, was a sick desire to push shove and jam an XS650 motor into the frame, There you've been warned, help this project along to a good conclusion or......

Well you can look at the pics and some details here. http://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/4847874324.html
Bought from a guy who made it 20 miles after HE bought, then ka-blooy. He took it as a sign from his dead uncle that maybe he shouldn't be riding. :hmmm:

OK let it rip (SFNG) is me. :rofl:

Oh it's all pregrid's fault that I showed up here, and at least partly his fault I bought a Husky. He had an awesome thread on an XS650 tracker he built over at XS650.com and couldn't stop bragging about how great the SM610 is. He kinda left out the hand grenade tendencies part.

A little JB weld and it should be good as new, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
PO thought the chain skipped... but I don't know if that was the start.. Perhaps a heads up; I noticed the rubber cap on the intake vacuum port was split.........that would have it go very lean.

While cleaning and looking I found the cylinder is cracked, getting real close to game over as a rebuilder. Especially because I'm getting the no parts from nowhere vibe with the travails of who owns Husky this week (and wishes they didn't?)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Hey Gary.................
The bike looks clean otherwise, I guess the deal wasn't good enough to justify building the motor or are you concerned that parts would be too tough to come by?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike was cheap enough but just about the entire top end at dealer prices? scares me to even think about it. Remember I'm used to XS650 parts prices!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'm witcha. Ive never tried to source aftermarket parts (outside of trinkets and upgrades) but I'm guessin you have.
two things: This site is not as active as the 650 site so it may take a while to get a response, however there are some very knowledgeable folks here. Second if you decide to drop a 650 in your frame say nothing of it here :D.
Good luck

·
Registered
583 Posts
PO thought the chain skipped... but I don't know if that was the start.. Perhaps a heads up; I noticed the rubber cap on the intake vacuum port was split.........that would have it go very lean.

While cleaning and looking I found the cylinder is cracked, getting real close to game over as a rebuilder. Especially because I'm getting the no parts from nowhere vibe with the travails of who owns Husky this week (and wishes they didn't?)
I would contact someone like Millennium and see what they charge to weld the cylinder and replate it. They can repair the head too, probably a lot cheaper than a new one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Damn how did I miss this one I've been all over craigslist looking for a husky I probably would have bought this up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts