Discussion Starter #1
my tires are not meant to go dirt at all :mad:
anyway
here's where I went
and to the pics:
from lower forni to the ice house rd it was all dirt

beautiful views though

ice house rd is one of the best twisty rides in the area

I tried to take a nice pic from high up and I almost stepped at this facker, scared the sh!t out of me

this bike rails the twisties so good

a part of the ice house rd

lookin good

evil truck on US50

the way home

when I got back to tahoe I took the bike off road a little more (although I know better) and I almost made it all the way to the top
I need me some avon distanzas and some dirt/SM boots

·
Registered
575 Posts
Maybe the tires are meant for the dirt, but the bike still is...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Beautiful pics, nice bike!

·
Registered
720 Posts
nice pics and sweet bike! thanks for making me want to get back to the mountains even more!! all these straight flat road in phoenix are driving me crazy!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Not only are these bike a blast on the dirt, that is some of the finest looking dirtroads I've ever seen. More sand, less gravel and you've got a corner-drifting heaven. Nice shots and sweet bike!

Here's one of our favorite local dirt roads with just the right conditions...and they're hard to find without the rocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm so jealous. The closest Ihave to that is about 8 hours away. Those trails look amazing. You and Indiana Jones have a lot in common. SNAKES!:eek:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Awsome pics man :thumbup:...............I WISH I roads like that around here...I would have that new 690 in a heartbeat........but the lack of such led me to sell my 625...

All the 690 pics are killing me....................:headshake

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'd first like to say "SUCK IT" for owning a 690 when I'm too poor to get one and haven't even seen one at the dealer here.
Next I'll say that looked like a pretty sweet ride. I did some dirt road action with my WR400 last summer on Pilot Power street tires and it was a little sketchy but still fun.

Two of us hit a bit of dirt last night (my SM610 and his non-SMC 690) and managed to catch a small amount of air as well. It was fun!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dunedain - check out the map at the beginning of the thread
zman-elite - people say 105-110mph for top speed

·
Registered
262 Posts
nice bike, cool pics. I wish more guys would take there tards into the dust around here. Dirtyhuc is one exception that I know of.

Goose, I know we would have an epic ride !!! street, fire road, light off road, and some Mx mixed in for fun. Come on out to CA, Grange and 3 Mx tracks are right by my house. Plus tons of mountains and twisties for scratching pegs.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Goose, I know we would have an epic ride !!! street, fire road, light off road, and some Mx mixed in for fun. Come on out to CA, Grange and 3 Mx tracks are right by my house. Plus tons of mountains and twisties for scratching pegs.

Thanks for the invite and if I ever do make it out, you and the Hucker will be the first to know. :thumbup: :bike:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts