SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to the supermoto world but can't wait to get into it. I just sold my street bike and was planning on purchasing a DRZ 400sm but when unfortunately it also sold the same night as mine soooo I've got cash but can't find a bike near by.

I'm either looking for a DRZ 400sm or a WR250x. I'm not looking for a steal of a deal (well I wouldn't mind it...) but I don't want to over pay. The only reasonably priced examples I can find are around 4-5 hours away and I'd rather find something closer.

I'd like to spend $3100 to $3500 for a decent bike with a title. Needs to be street legal and run well.

I'm located in central Iowa so anything within a few hours I would be interested in. Let me know! I've got cash!

Also looking for a track/trails to ride after I find one.

Thanks, this has been a very nice resource for me to use!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where are you from? Im pretty much exactly in the same boat. Sold my 929rr and am looking for a 400sm. There is an overpriced one in ottumwa.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Leads

Saw an 05 DRZ SM in Minnetonka,MN on CL high mileage 11k but looks clean, he's asking 3499 but I bet you could talk it down with some work.

08 wr250x in Henderson MN, 10,000 miles needs new rubber but he's asking 3400....

Bike prices seem high right now( in the upper midwest at least) ... If you could I'd wait it out, or look for some steals from the guys who don't commute on their tards' come fall when the garages get cleaned out for storage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I've seen the bikes you guys mentioned on CL. The one in Henderson was the most promising. I know I should wait three months but patience has never been my strong point.

I'm located in the Ames area (north of des Moines) if anybody sees something. I've been spending waaaaaay too much time on Craigslist but I thought somebody might know somebody who hasn't listed their bike yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Everyone can stop searching. I got one.
Good for you. Want to share what it is???? :headscrat

Kinda hoping someone on here picked up that 2011 Beta 520 RS Supermoto I watched on eBay the other night. 1200 miles and it sold for $3651. Still thinking I should have picked it up as a spare for that price. Oh well. Can't buy em all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up the 08 WR250X in Minnesota. 3.5 hours one way but it love it. I stopped halfway home at a Yamaha dealer and got some new shoes for her. Now I'm trying to decide what I want to mod first. I would say eventually I want bars, grips, mirrors, decals, plastics (white, it's blue now) and lots more. Thoughts?? It's almost totally stock. What's the first thing I should work on? I'm actually leaning towards the Yamalink lowering kit but we'll see. I figure I'll drive it everyday this week and see what's the most annoying thing to me.

Anybody have any mods to improve the looks of the stock exhaust heat shield? (I don't want to get rid of it.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts