SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to the world of supermoto (and bikes in general). I haven't even bought my first bike, yet (I will soon). I work on a boat, and my captain recommended this site to me because I'm looking to buy a bike. Needless to say, I'm lost in the world of supermoto; but I'm eager to learn!

About myself... I'm kind of a nomad. I work in Texas, have family in Tennessee, keep my car in New Orleans, visit friends all over, etc. I'm 26. I'm single with no kids, so I can travel easily.

·
Registered
281 Posts
being new to supermoto aswell i can only enlighten you to a certain extent,

Correct me if im wrong but:

Supermoto's are the "Hooligan"'s bike, the bike that has originated from motocross bikes and has been adapted to go on the road and reek havoc there.

They are a blast to ride, and are growing extremely popular, if your not just after transport and might want a hobbie as well then supermoto is they way to go as it brings Fun into the equation, as you can throw them about and drop them 1000 times because there so light and durable as they were originally motocross bikes.

Thats all i can say off the bat, unless you want me to use a comparison, which might help to be honest so fuck it...

Moped/Scooter: Solely used for town like transport.
Superbike/sport bike: The fast highway bikes ridden by the speed junkies.
Street Bike: Normal bikes made for the street.
Crusers: Harleys and shit, the ones for the old fattys ;) made for comfort and style.
Supermotos: made adapted into the bike world by motocross riders that wanted to take there extreem sport to the road! making road riding fun (check out www.youtube.com/superretards for a better explanation ;) )

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head, probibly a better way to explain it so ill leve it to the other members.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts