SuperMoto Junkie banner

I cut my BIG wrx front fender today, PICS AND VID!

16K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  monumaker 
#1 · (Edited)
First thing is first, mix a tall drink of choice:arsenal(mine is a captain and coke). First step I measured about 4.5 inches from the tip of the front fender back, cut it straight off. I then use the cut off piece as a template for my trace line and final cuts. Lay the cut off piece over the fender and carefully trace with a utility knife. I made about 4 passes carefully with progressive pressure(DON"T go all the way through yet!). Then from underneath the fender(start on right or left) I cut all the way through the fender. It comes off really clean if you take your time. I then sand the final piece with 100, 150, then 220 grit sandpaper. It came out real nice. Much better than the factory duck bill. I think it looks like a true supermoto bike now.:thumbup: Only thing left to do is go rip up your tires!(tomorrow cuz I had the drinks):bike:
VIDEO.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UnXyR8I70

#35 ·
Nice job cutting the stock fender! I was going to buy an after market Supermoto fender but it sounds like a lot of hassle mounting and matching to the stock headlight. I think I'll try your method of cutting. I'm not real good at that sort of thing but a Captain Coke is my drink of choice as well! :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.