1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to sell this
I've decided to sell my Supermoto -
Practically a GIVEAWAY of a LIFETIME
I've got a 2003 Baghira that I bought new.
It's got 3517km on it.
Yamaha XTZ660 engine, bored to 720cc
Brought the power up to about70 HP (from 50 HP factory)
I've put some major money into modding it (over $10k !):

• Bored cylinders
  • New Gaskets
  • New Corilla Rod 650
  • Installed Big Bore Sleeve
  • New Pistons w/ Web-Cam shaft
  • Ports polished and powder coated
  • FCR Carb kit 35mm MZ
I am asking $3,500 for it. Make an offer.
buyer will arrange for a pick up from Philadelphia, PA.

in order to buy this
or this

what do you think I should do

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's the direction I am Leaning...
the s version is insane with all the carbon fiber and the wheels...
I was only a little nervous of a full litre bike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well considering I'm currently riding a punched out and tweeked 395lbs 720cc bike
I'm between the two

one being closer t a real motard.. only with shity plastic decals that were peeling off at the dealership

and one bike that ozzed sex with more carbon fiber than a f-1 car

·
Registered
216 Posts
It has carbon belt covers fork gards and exhaust covers by the cans also Ohlins shock forged alum wheels Brembo mono block brakes on the S modle and I rocks by far the best bike I have ever had.:arsenal.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I mostly rip it up in the city and stay off of major highways.....
One problem I have is that I don't have too much extra time...
work,, kids,,, wife,, business,, cars,, quads.. ect ect...

so I really need a plug and play bike that will start and run every time I ask....

the probglem with the aprila is that evey one i've seen the decals are peeling from the plastic and that looks cheesy ...I don't know why the dealer didn't just heat them up and re adhear the decals with a real glue also The dealer said I can't test ride it because it's iilegal...wtf....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just ordered hyper s model in red
14k out the door

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hyper for sure. My buddy just got the Aprilia 550 and it has been nothing but problems. It has been in the shop about 5 times in 3 months. Im not sure if it is just too advanced for the mechanics at the local shops in Ohio or if it is just a problemed bike.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first ride on hyper

Me likey

·
Registered
24 Posts
The SXV is TOTALLY different. I've ridden my friend's Hyper much, and I own an SXV 550, and I prefer the SXV for all-out canyon blasting by a wide margin - so much lighter, quicker, more fun. The hyper is way heavier, more of a street bike - not a real supermoto. Depends what you're looking for.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The hyper is a street bike with motard styling. It is a sweet bike to ride and looks sweet. It is not a supermotard in any way.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
The two bikes are 100% different from each other. If you have to ask, and are that bothered by stickers, I'd say that you should definitely get the Ducati. It's a fancy street bike that shouldn't give you too many problems. The Aprilia is a MUCH sharper tool, but one that most likely will require more attention be paid to her along the way. That's not a knock against it, just the nature of the beast with real race motors compared to mildly tuned street bike motors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts