SuperMoto Junkie banner

husqvarna tc 610 timming set problems

15K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Circus 
#1 ·
I hope sombody can help me here im tarying to set timing on my husky but i dont know how i dont see any marks or nothing please help :rolleyes:

#2 ·
here are som pics, hope this help

on this pics you can se on the right there is a mark on the drivechain this marks its supose to be aligned with the cam when the piston it is in the TDC i did it but the bike dosent start on this way i dont know hot to set it up please help

this is my bike

#3 ·
Hi maxidog,

the camchain gear is perfect. I hope you made sure it is aligned like that with the chain installed.

What´s the problem with your bike not starting? Do you have a spark? Often times, the flywheel on the right hand side is a problem. The rotor´s magnets come loose and the bike won´t start. Remove the flywheel and try to pull its magnets.

Do you have valve clearances set to .10 and .15mm?

Also, is your carburetor clean? What kind of carb do you run, Dellorto? What is your starting procedure like?

#4 ·
yes i got the spak and its is very clean, im not mechanic but i have some basics experience, the rotor and the flywheel are good, I check the valves and set 0.10 mm and 0.15 mm, the carb its dellorto i thinks its in good conditions, i got some explotions when i try to start the bike but never run, my big questions its when i set the piston on top and put the camgear chain on the mark how exaclty i know that te piston its in the top right position? becouse if I pass 1 teeh foward or backwarsd the bike its not in time anymore...

im gona open again the cam and check the mark, and gona check the carb too

p.d.

there is any special position for the flywheel? i mean any mark ?

this bike are dificult to start anyway, maybe thast why i love it lol, I buy another one its a TE610 1998 I have to do the same job put new valves on this bike the problem was on the bearing on the valve lifter i got the new one i have to replace thanks 570RR for help ,I will keep trying ...:D

#6 ·
thanks RRP but my bike dont have those mark on the gears below!!!

Thanks for the link its reealy helpfull, but i dont have those marks on my bike maybe becouse its a little bit older year 2000, some friendo told me that put the mark on the chaingear above with the cam as the picture shown on the link then check on the spark hold with a screwdriver if the piston its in the top and this is it, but i dont think its a good idea

those are the marks missing on my bike....
got some problems uploading the pic !!! wtf ...

#9 ·
Maxidog, there are two ways to determine whether your piston is at TDC or not.

#1 there is a mark on the flywheel. See the red circle in my picture I attached for you. There also is another mark on the engine case where the flywheel sits. Align the two marks and you should have the piston at top dead center.

#2 is the one I prefer. Remove the spark plug from the spark plug hole and put in a long allen wrench, small screwdriver, piece of wood or whatever you think is right and available. You will find that if you rotate the flywheel, the piston will move up and down. When looking at the allen wrench you put into the spark plug hole, you will notice when it reached the highest point. This is the TDC. Usually, when the piston is at TDC, the marks on the flywheel will be aligned.

Hope this helps. If you have further trouble, let me know.

And definitely check out the flywheel rotor!

#10 ·
Whatever you do, do NOT use a piece of wood. There are two separate posts in this forum of guys doing this, and having the piece of wood break off in the cylinder. This required them to remove the head to get the piece of wood out.

I used a long straw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.