SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Boys and Girls!

I'm finally about to buy a bigger bike then my husqvarna sm 125. So I saw a Husqvarna smr 570 2004 come up for a okey price. I start to search for info about them but with almost no result.
So I'm asking you boys and girls, Do you know anything about this bike?
Service? Power? Reliability?

The bike has done around 9000km , So when is it time for an engine rebuild?

Thank you for taking your time!
Cheers from Sweden :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would really recommend of changing at least conrod, main bearings and piston.
Parts I noted you can get ~500 euros, should check valves&springs also for piece of mind.

Would not buy 570 unless you can do basic service by yourself, since its "racebike" and it need lots of maintenance.
Oil change ~15h and valve play every second oil change etc...

And also you need to learn to kick start it from left, can be really bitchy if fuel mixture/technique is bad.
I needed to put idle jet to 37 and iridium spark plug, after that starting was very easy in every condition!

Thou it is very simple bike to maintenance, torque is superior and it just rips on!:nutkick:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know so far too that it is a race bike, but I don't drive so much so I think I can handle the maintenance.
Well 500 euros, the bike cost 2500 euro so I will think about it.
But how is the power? Is it able to just power wheelie in 1,2,3, gears? Or is clutch a must?

And if I replace the things to noted, how long will it go before replacing something again? I saw somewhere that oil change around 1000km ( around 600 miles I think ), and change oil filter every second oil change?

Sorry for spelling wrong, Im not the best at English :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had 12t km on 400 husky when it needed conrod, I would say you MABY can do again 10k with new rod, maybe half with piston maybe more.
Depends lots of riding style, oil etc...

At oil change you wash two metal filter from right side, very easy no new filters needed.
I would change oil bit more often than 1000km, because there are only those 2 metal filters.
I preferred fully synthetic 10w40 oil, shell advance ultra was really nice!

My 570 made: 55.71hp and 57,69nm from rear wheel with full akrapovic and mikuni carb on -03 570te:rofl:
Dyno chart: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5242/28965336.jpg

·
Registered
708 Posts

It is like simple dirt bike but with significant bigger service interval starting from I would say 550 - 1200 km. The interval depend of your riding style.
Power there is more than enough :). The only bad thing is vibration, if you are able to tolearete it go ahead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts