SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I'm having some troubles with mi Husky (SMR 510 2008), he doesnt want to start! :damn:
The thing is that after a month spending the winter in my garage it was time for me to do some adjustments like change oil/oil filter, air filter, change the tires, etc, etc (no valves check yet, it was made 4 months ago). Before try to run it, I recharge the battery just in case.
When I switch on the contact, the panels works OK, the position lights including the brake ones are on, etc, but the turn signals, the horn, and the brake light, dont work. Anyway, I switch on the starter button (the one for the injection) and it does the usual sound, but when I press the button to start the bike...there is nothing. :infrandom
It happens to me once before, same issue, but after repeat the starting process like 5 times, it works normal, but now, I've tried like 40 times and nothing.
I've made a video https://vimeo.com/84669622 I think it will be easier for you guys to check how it looks all the process, since my english is not quite good so I guess it will make things easier for you to help me.
Does anyone had the same issue? and also, if you have any clue of what could be the problem, or where I should start looking, it would be grateful. I'm really bad with Electrical related-issues...I cant even change light bulb at home..so imagine how bad I am..
Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AgoNeoGeniX! will do! I hope it is just the fuse!! I'll let you know if thats all or if I should keep working on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried changing the fuses but no success I'm afraid...I was thinking, that maybe it can be the Battery-Remote switch cable or the starting motor cable or maybe I'd try cleaning all the connections... does it make any sense?
Nobody had the same issue?.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks HUSKY530RR, will try, at this stage I'm open to do whatever it takes...even send it to the dealer! :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks HUSKY530RR, will try, at this stage I'm open to do whatever it takes...even send it to the dealer! :rolleyes2:
Ok, one question, you say this early
It happens to me once before, same issue, but after repeat the starting process like 5 times, it works normal, but now, I've tried like 40 times and nothing.
This sound there is some bad connetion in some where. Are check battery connect is suitably tense, battery intact. If possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've charge the battery and change the fuses.... I guess i should check all connections as you said and check as well if all cables are ok. if after that still not working, i think I will send it to the dealer and post later the solution...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Alex, I have a silly question. On the video, you're trying to start the bike with your right hand, and I guess you are holding the camera with your left one.
Does your bike used to start without the clutch lever pulled in?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hi Alex, I have a silly question. On the video, you're trying to start the bike with your right hand, and I guess you are holding the camera with your left one.
Does your bike used to start without the clutch lever pulled in?
That could have help, check that connect also.
I do not remember that:headshake. There is also switch. In my 2010 model has to be clutch lever pulled in also:anim_peep::anim_peep:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Pull your clutch in if that's how you've been starting it like in the video. If you have been using the clutch then Check your clutch switch. Disconnect and re connect it. Wiggle it around etc. Have someow help you unless, you'll need three hands haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! but I've never pull the clutch in when I started the bike...It always works perfect,well.. at least it used to work perfect...
Anyways, I've tried right now and nothing (this time with no camera, hehehe)...same as you can hear/watch in the video, there is nothing when I push the button...:damn:
Btw, as AgoHUSKY530RR said, the sound of the bump I think is not the usual one.
Will try to check all the cables during the weekend and if I dont fix this, I will send it to the dealer. Which hurts like this..:nutkick:
Many many thanks for your help!! I really appreciate all these comments.
Will update you with any progress I will make.

This is the responsable of this mess....

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are the fuc$&ng MASTERS!! it was the clutch switch!! to be honest I have no idea that the clutch have something to do with starting...:hammer: I promise I will try to learn and read more...it was something so so easy.

Btw, how is that? and this is probably the most stupid question in this forum but..why the clutch has a connection? and why it has something to do with the start?.

Thanks for your awesome answers guys! you saved my Weekend!!

This is the clutch switch that was disconnected:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You guys are the fuc$&ng MASTERS!! it was the clutch switch!! to be honest I have no idea that the clutch have something to do with starting...:hammer: I promise I will try to learn and read more...it was something so so easy.

Btw, how is that? and this is probably the most stupid question in this forum but..why the clutch has a connection? and why it has something to do with the start?.

Thanks for your awesome answers guys! you saved my Weekend!!

This is the clutch switch that was disconnected:
Thats awesome job, the fault found. That is some safety thing and then you can start whit gear on, otherwise the bike would go rushing to forwards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts