SuperMoto Junkie banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
How many miles/km do you have now with the 510?

Any upgrades? How often did you changed the oil, and what tires do you have?

I have only 1 year with my 450 and I made 2200 km so far. I really like it, and I wouldn't change it with other moto, except if it would be for a Ducati Hypermotard 821, or a MvAgusta Rivale :D
I've done a 530 kit, bought a full titanium arrow exhaust(from a fellow supermotojunkie). Lots of carbon fiber and anodized parts. Relaced the rims with red spoke nipple and powder coated black spokes. A JD jet kit and K&N filter. HID kit with glass lens, rewound stator. Kick starter kit. Right now I'm running Michelin pilot power 2ct. ..before that I always ran dunlops.....I'm still not sure the exact miles (I broke the speedometer trying to do a stoppie when I first had the bike). I always changed the oil around 600-800 miles. I would just guesstimate the miles, sometimes I didn't need to change the oil but did it Just to be safe. I would like another bike to add to the garage, made more for longer/highway rides ..don't judge me but been having my eye on a Buell Xb9s

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
How many miles/km do you have now with the 510?

I have only 1 year with my 450 and I made 2200 km so far. I really like it, and I wouldn't change it with other moto, except if it would be for a Ducati Hypermotard 821, or a MvAgusta Rivale :D
Update:

4 years and 7200km later, I sold my Husky SMR450.

I’ll get to the orange side and buy a new KTM 790 Duke.

I was so close to get a Ducati Monster 821 white, but the KTM is so much better if I want to keep up with the holliganism.

The 790 has Supermoto mode (TCS ON for the front wheel but OFF for the rear), launch control, wheelie mode, slipper clutch, lean-sensitive traction control and cornering ABS.

It’s the next best thing after a Supermoto.

Here are the last photos of the Husky...will be missed!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Lol launch control?? Omg so crazy.. it looks really good!

I know I’m getting into old nutter territory when I hear the people get excited about auto shifter and stuff .. I’m like but I want to learn and train my body to do that ! Lol

Though seriously - is launch control like rev it up and it does a brake stand and then take off without wheelieing like Nissan GT-R cause honestly that would be pretty fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Yes...the Nissan GT-R stuff.

Haven’t tried it yet, still under the first 1k km (600 miles).

Would be fun to watch, while you’re learning your body to change gears without using the clutch though, without a QS.

Or braking/accelerating hard when you are leaned, without having lean angle abs and tcs, or downshift 2 gears without having slipper clutch...:lol:

Heated grips installed, windshield ordered, side cases will be used only for longer rides, top case is very useful.

Ready ro race.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts