SuperMoto Junkie banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
Good advice. I will get the bike today and I will give you my impression :)

I wanted to get the step-up seat (better looking) and send it to Seat Concept to change the foam with a more comfortable one, but they do only normal seats.

I ordered Agip Racing 4T 10W60, K&N oil filter KN-154, and K&N air filter HU-1200.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
WOW...Incredible!

This bike is brutal ��

The tires are extremely slippery though, I almost fell when I pressed the brake slightly. I need to change them.

I am scared how powerful it is, so I don't regret choosing the SMR450 over SMR510.

The only concern is the gear box, that I will have to change gears much sooner and frequently with the SMR450.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I wanted to get the step-up seat (better looking) and send it to Seat Concept to change the foam with a more comfortable one, but they do only normal seats.
Aaa, ok now understand. Yes yes i now know, you want to seatconcept seat what is step-up seat, yes:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:Thats sound like good idea:hmmm:

WOW...Incredible! This bike is brutal I am scared how powerful it is, so I don't regret choosing the SMR450 over SMR510.
The only concern is the gear box, that I will have to change gears much sooner and frequently with the SMR450.
Never riden 450cc, but i can quess that is not soo different than 501cc. That bigger has more grunt, maybe little slower get some revs....But i can say, maybe in some time, you want more, more, more.
Ok, maybe taht 450cc is better to beginner bike, but if you have if you had chosen that 501cc, so does the WOT all the time. I was driving that 501cc, about 2 weeks, then more power, then 1-2 years then more. Now it is about perfect

But no longer some tsit tsat, now. That bike look probber smoto, nice. Thats good choice to pick Husqvarna:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nice bike, congrats. Now stop worrying so much about changing this or doing that to it and just ride the bike. And please stop thinking whether the 510 would have been better, they are the exact same bike. Just enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thanks.

You are right. I will get equipment first and after I get more experienced I will upgrade the bike.

I am looking for a new helmet.

Reevu FSX1 doesn't have good reviews and it's expensive for the quality that offers, so I found a special offer for Schuberth C3 (modular flip-up) for 400€ or Nolan N104 for 270€.

If you have any suggestions please give me an advice.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't care much for modular helmets, but that's just a matter of preference. What's your full gear budget? The helmet is obviously the main one, but you really want to also get jacket/gloves/pants, road rash is not fun at all.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
I don't care much for modular helmets, but that's just a matter of preference. What's your full gear budget? The helmet is obviously the main one, but you really want to also get jacket/gloves/pants, road rash is not fun at all.
First I will get a helmet. Then I will get shoes and maybe pants.

Can anybody confirm that Schubert C3 is indeed the best there is in the 400 euro price range?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not me, don't think we have those in the states...

I've had my 510 since May '13 and the only "performance" type mod I've done is tuning the carb...

Give it time before you do anything drastic to the bike. Get to know its quirks, strong and weak points before you go filling up an online shopping cart full of parts.

As for me, the power of the 510 is good enough for now. Next year when I move it is coming off the road, getting a teardown, new bearings, suspension work, 530 kit, FlowPro carb work, exhaust, race slicks, and completely rewired to take out the street riff raff.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I took the SMR450 for a short ride, and I like it, but it's not that scary as I imagined.

I don't regret bot buying the 510 though.

Should I remove the limiter, or keep it until I will get used to the bike first?
It only reaches 100km/h now.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm pretty sure your bike is jetted on the lean side to pass emissions. Before too long, you should rejet it so it runs like it was designed to.

Skoda :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I took the SMR450 for a short ride, and I like it, but it's not that scary as I imagined.

I don't regret bot buying the 510 though.

Should I remove the limiter, or keep it until I will get used to the bike first?
It only reaches 100km/h now.
:coffee:....
There is maybe stock sprockets now in front and back, change the front sprocket one peak bigger

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
1 year with Husky SMR 450 update

Upgrades that I made in the 1st year:
- axle sliders
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires
- Zeta XC Flasher Handguards
- Renthal SX bar pad
- UFO side covers for '08-'11 SMR
- reflective rim tape
- removed the throotle stop

- jet kit (not installed yet)
- Rizoma fluid tank (not intalled yet)
- Ducati Hypermotard turn in signals (not installed yet)
- 2 x 30W lamp (not installed yet)

Protection gear:
- Dainese Torque RS Out boots
- Dainese Performance Evo knee protections
- Dainese Action Short Evo
- HJC RPHA 10 Plus helmet
- Axo Street Vogue jacket
- Icon Pursuit gloves

I want to upgrade the gloves with Dainese X-Strike gloves, and get a Dainese leather jacket.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
1 year with Husky SMR 450 update

I will celebrate the first year with my SMR 450 by posting some photo updates :thumbup:

Also many thanks to the users that helped me to make the decision :clap:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Nice to see that lives this day...I was wonder where is Neal, how that bike is runnig etc. But it looks working awesome and that bike choice was great:thumbup::clap:
Thanks mate...you helped me a lot.

Soon I will install the jet kit, and I will wake up the beast
I was also thinking about changing the sprockets...any tips?

Have you made any upgrades to your 2010 510/530?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought an brand new 2007 husqvarna smr 510 back in February of 2007 and this was my very first bike I ever owned. I hardly had much experience riding besides a handful of times riding my brothers 97 suzuki gsxr 600 and a few friends had 4 wheelers growing up. So I knew how to ride just no experience. Went and test rode a husqvarna smr 510 with my dad ( also test rode a few crotch rockets prior to looking at the husky because that's what I originally wanted) but as soon as I took that husky out for a ride I was in love! AND I still have the bike to this day! I don't think I could ever replace this bike unless it's for an even more bad ass supermoto

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
I bought an brand new 2007 husqvarna smr 510 back in February of 2007 and this was my very first bike I ever owned. I hardly had much experience riding besides a handful of times riding my brothers 97 suzuki gsxr 600 and a few friends had 4 wheelers growing up. So I knew how to ride just no experience. Went and test rode a husqvarna smr 510 with my dad ( also test rode a few crotch rockets prior to looking at the husky because that's what I originally wanted) but as soon as I took that husky out for a ride I was in love! AND I still have the bike to this day! I don't think I could ever replace this bike unless it's for an even more bad ass supermoto
How many miles/km do you have now with the 510?

Any upgrades? How often did you changed the oil, and what tires do you have?

I have only 1 year with my 450 and I made 2200 km so far. I really like it, and I wouldn't change it with other moto, except if it would be for a Ducati Hypermotard 821, or a MvAgusta Rivale :D

81 - 100 of 106 Posts