SuperMoto Junkie banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I didn't understand if it's only a sticker kit that sticks on top of the original plastics, or is the kit with plastics that replace the original plastics.

You ordered from seatconcepts that are in US. Did you payed taxes? So you recommend the carbon fiber (gripper) one...which one did you got? You send the original seat to them, and they changed the foam and cover, or you installed yourself?
Renazco it's pretty expensive. Do you think it's a big difference in comfort?

I am also thinkimg what helmet to get. I would pay 500$ for the Reevu FSX1 with rear mirror system. Skully helmet will also be launched this year but will be twice the price.

The bike from page 3 it's yours? Looks nice.
Those sticker kits do not contain plastics kits, only stickers. I would buy nother kit of plastic and but on those plastic some sticker kit and i would keep stock set on intact. I have also stock kit and that kit what is now on my Husky.
That seatconcept, they will send to you that padding and seat cover, you dont need to send that orginal seat in there, if you dont want, you can use yours upholsterer. Thats the way i do it.
I was take this Standard Black Vinyl, i recommender that carbon fiber (gripper). Becouse when you use some secure gear, not leather, that seat cover is going to slip more. I dont know it will work whit leather....Yeas that Renazco is pretty expensive. Maybe that Renazco is more comfort, but that seatconcept work on me nicely, these bikes are not for touring, when add some vibration, heat etc..Not the most comfort ride, but it is worth it :D:D. That seatconcept add that little comfort on ride, stock is soo pain on ass
Those tax thing, in my country there usually becomes the tax when you order from America, but now that come whitout any taxes.

That Husky on page 3 in my, also all in Jonkun page in bikepics, is my. :coffee:

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I was buy those white plastic in my Husqvarna dealer, only upper side panel+back panel/plastic...
That seat in first pic is step-up seat, i dont know will it fit 2007 model, or are there even choice to get in 2007 model to get that step-up seat:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:
Thats is like stock one, but only it keep you still when you accelerate hard...Same hard stock seat. Those graphics/sticker are custom made kits, that first is Husqvarna 2008 racing team theme graphics/sticker.
Check on google those plastic kits, ebay......You can ask also nearest Husqvarna dealer, those plastic kit, that seat will it fit....That graphics/sticker kit.....

Here is some examples
In facebook, Wilkes Design, Grafica Evoluzione, Effetti Racing Graphics, Racestyles.....Few can also found in google

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I bought the SMR450. I signed the papers, they installed a new battery, I started the moto and it's great. Tomorrow they will deliver the 450 to my garage :)

Do you think I have to change the oil, and filters, or I can use the oil that came with. It was never started before, so the oil was never used, even if the bike stand in the showroom for 7 years.

I will start spending little by little, planing to buy Reevu FSX1 helmet, '08 SMR450 plastics, Seat Concepts softer seat, Rizoma fluid tank, Acerbis handlebars, axle crash pads, '10 SMR450 or '08 EXC KTM headlight, Michelin Pilot Power tires, RHK hydraulic brake lever, RHK clutch lever, RHK footpegs, K&N filters.

If you guys have other/better suggestions, please tell me. Tomorrow I will add photos. Forever world champions :)

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
you gotta break it in....
also on that list do yourself a favor. BUY A LEATHER JACKET and some good riding boots.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yes, I plan buying the Dainese Razon Leather. I don't know what footwear I will get.

For now I will have to upgrade the moto. Should I use the 7 years oil that the bike has, or change the oil now? The bike is brand new, was never started, but the oil may have lost the properties in 7 years.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
All engines are test run at the factory. If you look at the hour meter, it will indicate some time..
The oil is fine for now. Just use non synthetic motorcycle oil for break in until it has 30-40 hours on it.

You need to strip it down to the frame, you can leave the wiring harness there. Then support the back of the engine and pull the swingarm. You need to grease everything and then put it back together. Head bearings, wheel bearings, shock heims, and swingarm bearings, linkage ect.... Check the valves, put dielectric grease on all the electrical fittings.

Flush the front and rear brakes and the clutch fluid. Turn all the suspension clickers all the way in then set to spec.

Use silicone spray on the clickers and all the plastic and rubber parts except for tires and side panels. Spray and wipe it on the hoses, airbox carb boot, fork wipers ect...

Then clean the air filter and LIGHTLY oil it.

**Then you need to do the cannisterectomy, and jet the carb so it will run right and not be leaned out.

Any other mods you want to do can be done. Handguards are a must.

Now for the rest of the afternoon :D change the oil after you have 1 hour on it. Clean the magnet of swarf and the screen. Change the filter.

Next change at 3 hours, filter, screen. then at 8, just oil, screen and magnet. then at 15 oil, filter, screen magnet. Oh and check the valves.

Keep at 15 hour intervals for oil until it's broke in, at 45 hours you could go to 20 hours I guess. Idk about valve check intervals, prolly every 20-30 hours until it gets to 45 or 60, then you can go longer I think.

All that disassembly business? Lots of people do it with brand new new bikes.
They skimp on grease at the factory and they want to be sure its put together right is why.

The oil change intervals and valve check intervals I'm not sure about. I don't think I'm far off though.

You will need a service manual for the torque specs. There might be a better one than the factory manual. It's a little incoherent with all the different languages.

Really though if you aren't up for all that work, at least jet the carb and ditch the emissions crap before you ride it.

There's information out there on how to do it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
WOW 😧
You are scarring me 😄

I will get it to a good mechanic for the beginning, to show me how to check the valves, and change the oil after I'll do the break in.

So for the break in, I can let the 7 years old oil, that was never used...

About the handguards, can you recommend me the best ones?

Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought the SMR450.

I will start spending little by little, planing to buy Reevu FSX1 helmet, '08 SMR450 plastics, Seat Concepts softer seat, Rizoma fluid tank, Acerbis handlebars, axle crash pads, '10 SMR450 or '08 EXC KTM headlight, Michelin Pilot Power tires, RHK hydraulic brake lever, RHK clutch lever, RHK footpegs, K&N filters.

If you guys have other/better suggestions, please tell me. Tomorrow I will add photos. Forever world champions :)
Talking about upgrades, the best addition on my '10 SM510R was an IMS 12lt fuel tank, since i didn'd even reached 80km with the 7lt stock one. With a little tickering, you can keep the side panels on it.
But your mileage may vary ... :)

L

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I know :(

Do you have any idea where, and at what price I could buy the tank?

If I want to install '08 SMR450 body kit and seat, I will have to change the fuel tank also.

It will be expensive.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Do not drive WOT all the time, I've got yourself about 115 km about 6 liters of fuel
IMS 12lt fuel tank, there is same shape as that upper tank panels is....
I find these in google, maybe some day i also buy that 12 lit fuel tank

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/gas_tanks/husqvarna.htm
That is that first fuel tank
Here is few also
http://www.imsproducts.com/Products/index.cfm?ManufacturerSet=Husqvarna&maD=true&ModelSet=TE450&modD=true&yeD=true&siD=true&TypeSet=Fuel%20Tank&SeriesSet=&sed=true&tyd=true
http://justgastanks.com/product_info.php?products_id=470

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Thank you for the sites. 305$ shipped for the '08 SM450 12 liters (3.7 gallons) tank.

The guys from Seat Concepts told me that '07 and '08 models have different fuel tank height and I can install a '08 seat on my 2007 SMR450, only if I change the fuel tank also.
Or, if I keep the seat and gas tank, and I install only the plastic kit from the 2008 SMR450, it is possible, but I will have a small space uncovered by the plastics

So if I want to install the 2008 plastic kit and seat on my 2007 SMR450, I have to buy the 3.9 gallons fuel tank for 2007 SMR450 (112414), or the 3.0 gallons fuel tank for 2008 SMR450 (112417)?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I rode my 450 for a year with the stock tank.

Just get gas...it has a reserve you will not get stranded. One of the easiest bikes to fill up.

The large tanks suck to ride usually screw up the geometry not to mention the huge weight penalty and how ugly they are.

If you want modern plastics that match the newer bikes, you can buy the late model (2010+) wr250/300 plastics. They have molded in graphics and look like this one;

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Very nice KTM headlight :)

I don't need to change the gas tank UNLESS I really have to, if the '08 step-up seat doesn't works with the 2007 gas tank.

I need to know from somebody who changed the stock seat with the step-up, on a model prior to 2008 one.

The step-up seat (that is made for 2008-2012 SMR) will fit the 2007 SMR without changing the tank also?

If it's too big of a fuss, then I'll just keep the 2007 seat and buy the soft cover from Seat Concepts, and simply install the '08 plastic kit on my 2007 SMR, even if there will be a small gap between the seat and the panel, as I was told.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I would just purchase the seat concepts foam/cover and try to fit to the 07 seat/pan

You can make it work. I personally would just shave the seat down at one point to give it a little "bump" ugly, but effective. I do not like total step seats.

·
Registered
656 Posts
JUST RIDE IT!

We are not hearing much about how f-ing awesome a brand new plated race supermoto bike is :thumbup:

Pictures!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I haven't ride it yet, because tomorrow afternoon they will deliver the moto. Yesterday I signed the papers and receive the motorcycle's papers.

I will post pictures tomorrow, and I will ride it in the parking for now, because I still haven't got the plates. Next week I will make it legal :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Hey guys, I need help.

I want to change the oil after all, even if the bike was never started in 7 years, and I need to know if Agip Racing 4T 10W60 is the oil that I need to buy.

Filters, I will buy K&N. KN-154 oil filter, and HU-1200 air filter.

Not sure about the oil though...somebody told me that I have to use non synthetic oil for the break in.

The manual sais Agip Racing 4T 10W60.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Now, I'd recommend just waiting for the bike and looking at when it comes to you. I recommend to find out what it is made ​​of a 7-year period, when it has stood 7-years.
Drive it first, take that first running-in period, then think what modes you want...To me allways all said that the wait at first, then think about, becouse that you may be disappointed

I just wonder, why you need step-up seat....First you say you need more comfortable seat. Remember that seat is also same pain as stock on. I dont know how others, but to mee that stock one is soo pain in the ass, when ride in city, long rides. That step-up is the same as stock one, only different is that step-up. If you want that comfortable in cheap, that seatconcept is right of money value. If there is not another more opinion, i have ride on that seat now 2 years and annoying when I bought it right away. This is my opinion.

If you want modern plastics that match the newer bikes, you can buy the late model (2010+) wr250/300 plastics. They have molded in graphics and look like this one;
Ask more HuskyLove, I dont know, but look to me that older Husky whit newer plastic???
As that plastic panel chainge, as now when you said that it will be a little gap under the seat. Now i remember that, some one has post i pic, how that will look. That not look good.

The guys from Seat Concepts told me that '07 and '08 models have different fuel tank height and I can install a '08 seat on my 2007 SMR450, only if I change the fuel tank also.
Or, if I keep the seat and gas tank, and I install only the plastic kit from the 2008 SMR450, it is possible, but I will have a small space uncovered by the plastics
So if I want to install the 2008 plastic kit and seat on my 2007 SMR450, I have to buy the 3.9 gallons fuel tank for 2007 SMR450 (112414), or the 3.0 gallons fuel tank for 2008 SMR450 (112417)?
I believe that, if you want to change the whole series of plastic that you need to replace the gas tank. But get that bike first running, then think about what you are doing. Becouse it is possible you dont like that bike at all......If they said that you need to chainge that fuel tank to -08 to fit that -08 seat......Then you need to buy that -08 fuel tank.

That oil
I think that you can use anything, as long as it is a full synthetic 4T 10W60. If some one has told that for you and it is reliable, so use it then.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts