SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the option to buy a new Husqvarna SM510 (year 2007), for 5000?, and I need to know if it's too much (dangerous) for a beginner.

Don't suggest me to buy the SM610 because I would chose SM510 or SM450 for their light weight.

Also, it is a smart move for a beginner to buy brand new, or would be better to get an used one (under 5000 km) for 3500??
I know the SM510 won't last many km, so a new one would be a better idea, and the price difference is not big.

The mantainence has to be made every 1000km, or even more frequent?

·
Registered
143 Posts
what you talkin about willis

I got one with 13000 miles on it no issues ever. as far as a beginner, what does that even mean it just a motorcycle they all work about the same. get the husky
I have the option to buy a new Husqvarna SM510 (year 2007), for 5000?, and I need to know if it's too much (dangerous) for a beginner.

Don't suggest me to buy the SM610 because I would chose SM510 or SM450 for their light weight.

Also, it is a smart move for a beginner to buy brand new, or would be better to get an used one (under 5000 km) for 3500??
I know the SM510 won't last many km, so a new one would be a better idea, and the price difference is not big.

The mantainence has to be made every 1000km, or even more frequent?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ha...:clap:

I made the same question on a Husqvarna forum, and they told me to get a DRZ :lol:

I first wanted the SM610, because it's better for street use, but then I was told that has older technology, and that all SM610 owners will regret someday that they didn't went for SM510.

And the lower weight makes me want the 510 over the 610. I want the lightest bike, I don't need high speed, and I won't use it for long distances.

Help me chose between:
- a 2nd hand TE510 with both SM and off road kits and wheels, that has 6000km made on the track, and costs 3500 euro;
- a NEW SM510 2007, 0km that costs 5000 euro.

And what do you think about this rear view helmet http://youtu.be/qwdD-0095kQ ?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
a brand new 2007? id buy that one for sure.

as far as a beginner bike? its an awesome bike to learn on. its mellow enough to chug along, and gets gnarly when you crack the throttle. :thumb up:

edit: dont shy away from the 610's either. they are bad ass machines!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
a brand new 2007? id buy that one for sure.

as far as a beginner bike? its an awesome bike to learn on. its mellow enough to chug along, and gets gnarly when you crack the throttle. :thumb up:

edit: dont shy away from the 610's either. they are bad ass machines!!
Really? 5000 euro is a good price for a brand new SM510 2007?
Somebody told me that wouldn't pay more than 3500, but here that is the price for a 2nd hand one.

The 2007 model is the last one before the fuel injection model. What is better, carburetor or injection?

If I can negociate with them to get this MV Agusta leather jacket included in the price, it is a good deal.
Otherwise, 5000 euro for the bike, plus equipment, it adds.

I don't think it worth paying for SM610 the same price that SM510 has.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Really? 5000 euro is a good price for a brand new SM510 2007?
Somebody told me that wouldn't pay more than 3500, but here that is the price for a 2nd hand one.

The 2007 model is the last one before the fuel injection model. What is better, carburetor or injection?

If I can negociate with them to get this MV Agusta leather jacket included in the price, it is a good deal.
Otherwise, 5000 euro for the bike, plus equipment, it adds.

I don't think it worth paying for SM610 the same price that SM510 has.
get the smr510 2007.

you won't regret it.. although i've never ridden an smr carbed, i have a 2009 (EFI)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

I have searched for more Husqvarnas and I found 2 x TE 450, one 2009 850km, one 2010 6800km, each costs 3000?.

What do you think? Should I get the TE 450 2009 850km for 3000? and buy the SM wheels and street kit and use it both on street and off road? How difficult is to change the wheels and wheel rotor?

I understood that TE it's better than SM, because has a better ECU, better gears mapping and softer suspension. True?

But what are the differences between 450 and 510 models? Advantages, disadvantages?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have searched for more Husqvarnas and I found 2 x TE 450, one 2009 850km, one 2010 6800km, each costs 3000?.

What do you think? Should I get the TE 450 2009 850km for 3000? and buy the SM wheels and street kit and use it both on street and off road? How difficult is to change the wheels and wheel rotor?

I understood that TE it's better than SM, because has a better ECU, better gears mapping and softer suspension. True?

But what are the differences between 450 and 510 models? Advantages, disadvantages?
510 has a longer bore or stroke or whatever the hell it's called, the 450 is more "revvy" but it has less HP than the 510.

LOOK, if you're going to use a husqy to do a bit of enduro get one of the TE's (2009 would be my choice), if you're going to get a husqy only for street/race GET THE 510 (2007)

stop overthinking it

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
510 has a longer bore or stroke or whatever the hell it's called, the 450 is more "revvy" but it has less HP than the 510.

LOOK, if you're going to use a husqy to do a bit of enduro get one of the TE's (2009 would be my choice), if you're going to get a husqy only for street/race GET THE 510 (2007)

stop overthinking it

:D I was thinking about what you guys wrote earlier, that would be better to start with a used one.

I don't really need it for off road to be honest, but I would prefer a softer suspension and higher ride (I am 1.90m tall), and 3000€ (maybe lower) for a 2009 TE450 with 860km, sounds like a better deal than a new 2007 SM510 for 5000€

Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
:D I was thinking about what you guys wrote earlier, that would be better to start with a used one.

I don't really need it for off road to be honest, but I would prefer a softer suspension and higher ride (I am 1.90m tall), and 3000? (maybe lower) for a 2009 TE450 with 860km, sounds like a better deal than a new 2007 SM510 for 5000?

Thanks.
hahaahaahh broooooooo !!!!

i totally understand you !! i'm 1.91m !!! but the 510 ROCKKKSSS ! you really won't regret it, and maybe the TE is cheaper, but with the wheels, conversion etc.. etc.. it's going to be a mess.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Get the 07 smr. You will love love love it. If it is "brand new" or just low miles, get it and you will love it.

Budget for good tires (if they are stock) and gut the stock pipe/rejet. It will be fantastic. Wish I never sold my 450. But the new 511 with motard wheels will last a good bit longer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
hahaahaahh broooooooo !!!!

i totally understand you !! i'm 1.91m !!! but the 510 ROCKKKSSS ! you really won't regret it, and maybe the TE is cheaper, but with the wheels, conversion etc.. etc.. it's going to be a mess.
:lol: Cool. So I'm not too tall for it :)

The street kit with wheels is about 400€ for the TE450.

I will go this weekend to take a look at both of them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get the 07 smr. You will love love love it. If it is "brand new" or just low miles, get it and you will love it.

Budget for good tires (if they are stock) and gut the stock pipe/rejet. It will be fantastic. Wish I never sold my 450. But the new 511 with motard wheels will last a good bit longer.
You had the SM or TE? How is the 450 compared to the 510? Revs faster? It feels easier? I would use it in the city, so I don't care about high revs or speeds.

The SM510 is brand new but from 2007 (carburetor), the TE450 has 860km (so almost new) but from 2009 (injection) and 2000€ cheaper.

Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
This can maybe confused even more

I have sm510r 2010 whit 530cc kit+hole exhaust system, adjusted pvc. I had a standard bike two weeks, bike was bought straight full power out of the box. I drove about one summer, then i need more power.
Now my Husky is killer, awesome bike in street use to play. If you want use on street i recommend buying 510, there is more grunt, that revs also quickly, thats enough for the street:D.

That choice is in your wallet and in your mind, that 2007 Husky is survived/been well preserved good, if it is 7 years old and brand new:hmmm:.
You dont need higher suspension or softer in street, you can adjust that suspension in smr model and they have the same dimension gap on seat and the footrest, smr vs TE model.
If you want that TE450, whit supermoto setup, you need supermoto wheels, tyres, front brake transfer kit, bigger front brake disc, back sprocket, you can use that 2000? in those parts.
But if you dont need enduro model, you only use in street and tired to change the rims, then i recommend buying the smr.

I hope this is able to read and understand:coffee:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That choice is in your wallet and in your mind, that 2007 Husky is survived/been well preserved good, if it is 7 years old and brand new:hmmm:.
You dont need higher suspension or softer in street, you can adjust that suspension in smr model and they have the same dimension gap on seat and the footrest, smr vs TE model.
If you want that TE450, whit supermoto setup, you need supermoto wheels, tyres, front brake transfer kit, bigger front brake disc, back sprocket, you can use that 2000? in those parts.
But if you dont need enduro model, you only use in street and tired to change the rims, then i recommend buying the smr.

I hope this is able to read and understand:coffee:
The 2007 SM510 is from MV Agusta showroom. They still have one SM450 and one SM510 each 5000€.

The supermoto kit is 400?, so I think that TE450 with 860km is a better choice.

I will have a 2 years newer moto 1600€ cheaper that I can buy equipment with.

I also understood that is easier to put SM wheels on TE than off road wheels on SM.

Next week I'll take a decision.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The 2007 SM510 is from MV Agusta showroom. They still have one SM450 and one SM510 each 5000?.

The supermoto kit is 400?, so I think that TE450 with 860km is a better choice.

I will have a 2 years newer moto 1600? cheaper that I can buy equipment with.

I also understood that is easier to put SM wheels on TE than off road wheels on SM.

Next week I'll take a decision.

Thanks everyone.

I would take the one off the showroom. That is a one time opportunity my friend. Also, you will want the forks, brake, shock, on the SMR just to start. The TE stuff needs a bit of work to make it "right". If I could buy a new in box smr510, carby bike, I would do it. Even with the price difference. I would line up with all my cash in my socks and buy that bike. :bannana:

·
Registered
103 Posts
i would take the one off the showroom. that is a one time opportunity my friend. Also, you will want the forks, brake, shock, on the smr just to start. The te stuff needs a bit of work to make it "right". If i could buy a new in box smr510, carby bike, i would do it. Even with the price difference. I would line up with all my cash in my socks and buy that bike. :bannana:
do it !!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts