• Ducati Hypermotard 821

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I voted for the 450 Husky.
The Hyper is a tall street bike with street bike weight.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I voted for the 450 Husky.
The Hyper is a tall street bike with street bike weight.
Me too, I don't consider the Hyper to be a true supermotard, but I would definitely like one for the primary moto.

:D

If I would get a new moto sometimes replacing the SMR 450, would be a Ducati Hypermotard

But for the moment, I don't drive the SMR 450 in the city that often, and for the track is the better choice.

For the street or all around, definitely Ducati is so much more refined bike compared to Husqvarna.

Drolling

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I think the real question is: Do you want a street bike or a track bike?

Honestly, I don't have any personal experience with these bikes, but from what I've read, maybe a 690 SMC could be a valid compromise between the two?
It won't be an SMR on the track, or a Hyper on the streets, but it could do both and still be fun...Just an idea.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend has the 690 SMC, and even if is a KTM and is clearly better build that Husky, personally I liked 2 times better the SMR 450 over the 690 SMC on handling and acceleration.

The 690 SMC has the power though. But the feeling and handling is like a fat cow, while the SMR is like a cheetah

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe Ducati Hypermotard vs KTM 990 SMR would be a closer comparison.

I have to be honest that I like the Hypermotard better than my SMR 450, but for what I need, the Ducati or KTM would be like throwing money away.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you ever ridden a Hyper? If so, how does it compare?
No. A friend has the Hypermotard 1200 but I didn't liked it that much because it's not that nimble as the SMR 450 is, but has so much more torque and feels a big bike with a more agressive riding position, which I also don't like.

But I have been told that the Hypermotard 821 is very different in riding position and feel.

What would be your next bike?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have only sat on the Hyper 821 at moto shows, and I already know I don't like it. Like you said about the 1200, it feels big and heavy just like a street bike.
I love the look of the Hyper SP, but it's not the bike for me.

My next bike? I've been back and forth between the 500 EXC and 690 Enduro R, but decided to keep my WRX for the time being. I am limited to factory street legal bikes due to local laws (Canada) not letting me convert an off road machine to on road.

I like the 500 due to the size, power & weight, but I also like the 690 due to it's long maintenance schedule. The 690 also has a very similar power to weight ratio to the 500. The Husqvarna 701 Supermoto is a very tempting option if it comes to Canada since it will "already be converted" hahaha...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Husqvarna 701 should be a perfect supermoto

I really wonder what are the differences compared to the old Husqvarna supermotos.

I don't really need more power, I just wonder about the handling difference and things like gas tank size, clutch and brakes, seat comfort, exhaust sound...and of course, the price.

But I would also like a Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen (Black Arrow) or even 401 Vitpilen (White Arrow)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Husqvarna 701 = KTM SMC 690 with Husky decals and different fairings. From pics you can see that it has LC4 engine and some other parts from KTM.

And to compare SMR 450 to Hyper is just wrong ;-)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, they are 2 completely different bikes, but I have the SMR 450 and I was wondering what would be better for me between the two.

KTM 690 SMC looks good, but Husqvarna 701 Supermoto looks better (even if it's almost the same).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also like the looks of 701 over 690.
As for 450 or 821 it's up to you to decide which is better for you - as you said they are two very different bikes, you just need to set priorities and then choose one.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
And to compare SMR 450 to Hyper is just wrong ;-)
I agree:thumbup:

Husky would be in track use, then that Ducati Hypermotard 821 would be in street use...
But i would not compare race supermoto bike in "big smoto/streetbike like that Ducati Hypermotard 821 is", same goes those that Husqvarna 701 and Ktm 690smc, those are in soo different world, same genre...
This is same issue what others ask soo much in here also, it is weard to compare those streetbikes to racebikes, sorry like others are also little wtf:headscrat, like Evol say you should think do you want race supermoto or street bike, of course that Ducati Hypermotard 821 would be better is street use, those maintenance, longer oil change time/km, maybe better spare parts availability, it is heavier, soo easy handle in the wind, longer gas milage and at then end that is way more never that that Husky.

Also that Ducati Hypermotard 821 is way too heavy in supermoto track, ok it would maybe be better in big tracks.
But if you are bored that Husky, why you dont sell it and buy that Ducati
Like others are saying that Husqvarna 701 is same bike Ktm 690smc, but different colors, plastic etc. About same weight, brakes, engine, frame, etc.

I would get next Aprilia sxv550, becouse that sound, maybe Husqvarna NudaR(but it sound like little harley, no good)....
Now days it is very hard to choose what kind of bike i would get next
Also there is that question, streetbike or "race" bike, also there is that Ktm superduke 1290R, but too much CC and power, it would be epic in like 700-900cc V-Twin, also like that V-4 would be epic, just that sound. That is also one reason why i want next bike be V-Twin

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No way I would get a liter bike.

If I would get other bike after the SMR450 would be another supermotard...either a Ducati, MvAgusta, or other Husqvarna.

I was just wondering what would you like best compared to the 450/510, and if you would trade a SMR 450 for a Hypermotard.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Now edit my last comment, maybe it is better
But if i had money, i would get my hands right away to that Ducati Hypermotard 821, i would want that SP model.

This is my opinion, only thing what i dont like that Hypermotard is that wire/cable clutch thing and that speedo:headshake

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Offtopic:

I will have to make the service interval soon, and I was also looking what is the best oil available?

Should I buy a K&N air filter for my SMR 450?

It helps, or it does exactly what the original one (foam) does ?

The K&N filter name is K&N HU-1200 and it's 85€, 7 times more expensive than the original one.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Sorry i was meaning that washing package
http://www.twinair.com/usa/all-products-a-systems
The Twin Air System
Twin Air also delivers a classic complete system, with everything you need to maintain your Twin Air filter!
The system includes Liquid Power filter oil (1L), dirt Liquid Dirt Remover filter cleaner (4L), a cleaning tub with cages, an oiling tub, gloves and contact cleane

There is all needed stuff

1 - 20 of 33 Posts