SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a TC-Spec Cam into my 2007 SM610

At this stage it hasn't really blown my hair back, the bike pulls pretty smoothly to rev-limiter but it's not very angry.

So I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get more out of my set-up... if even possible?

Current Set Up:
Main Jet - 190
Idle Jet - 45 (One turn out, bike still idles when fulling screwed in)
Needle - Standard OBDVR (4th Position - Middle)
Leak Jet - 60
O-Ring Mod on the AP
I haven't disconnected the TPS

Barrett slip on exhaust with the dB screen installed, standard headers.

Standard airbox with a few more vents on the cover panel. Twin Air filter (could probably do with a clean)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I cleaned the airfilter on the weekend... boy was it dirty.

When I came to start the bike in the morning it was very difficult really had to pump the throttle, and as usual the bike didn't really perform. I was thinking that the dirty filter was acting like a choke and keeping the mix rich so it was easy to start?

I got home form work this evening and thought I had enough, and yes I did the thing you are not meant to do.. make a whole lot of jetting changes at once.

- I re-installed the factory leak jet blank so the AP spray would have more duration, I adjusted the timing on the AP screw to 2.15mm (previously the slide was about 1/3 of the way before the spray, and now its about 1/5 of the way)
- I installed a 185 jet like most of the guys on forum with a slip-on / at sea level / opened airbox
- I raised the needle by one, so now on the 5th clip

Then after testing the throttle response on the stand, ended up putting on a small o-ring (has a some give but takes away a tiny amount of duration with some more jet power- certainly isn't wired together). There is a slight hesitation when I snap the throttle to 100% but it doesn't stall - and a small bog not hectic or anything.

After a few hard snaps on the 0-100% there is a bit of backfire and a few flames. (I will say that's because of the excess fuel spray from the AP on deceleration after the snap)

So that's me took her for a run... oh my.... My SM610 has never run like that ever...

Its the hardest she has ever pulled all the way to limiter, very quick to limiter. The bike is lifting on throttle snap in second considering I have a 16/45 sprocket setup id say that pretty good.

I'll let you know how I go a a few runs to work this week. +/- 50kms a day

1 - 2 of 2 Posts