SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just installed a TC-Spec Cam in my 2007 SM610, this new cam has more duration on the inlet and exhaust lobes.

The bike seems to go well, but there is a very loud ticking noise from the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZtAN1b3Ow

Any ideas to sort this out, or is this normal for a performance cam?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just went for another ride, it really does sound like the gap is way too big.

I'll strip it down this week and re-adjust. Maybe I wasn't at perfect TDC?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've been searching high and low for a TC 610 cam - I've got a TE610 and it lacks punch. Where'd you find yours if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been searching high and low for a TC 610 cam - I've got a TE610 and it lacks punch. Where'd you find yours if you don't mind me asking?
Peter from Tyres for Bikes in Perth sourced it for me.

I haven't really had a decent ride to feel any performance change, but I suspect I might have to go up on the main jet to unlock the Cams potential.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ah cool... A bit far away for me but thanks anyway. I'm in UK. I stuck a longer duration cam in my KTM and it made a huge difference. You really do need to make sure your pipe is straight through and jetting is on point though. On my KTM it moved the power up in the rev range. It feels about the same down low but at the point where it would run out of puff and I'd be thinking about shifting gears it now takes the f*** off! It almost feels like a 2 stroke powerband. I only realised the potential once I'd cut all the obstructions out of my pipe though.

Anyway... I want the same for my Husky now and the TC cam sounds like the one. I'll keep looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts