SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with my front and rear axle sliders, and muffler slider, i went threw my random assortment of sport bike sliders and made something fit.

That should help anyone trying to do this, but doesn't want to purchase a thousand different slider sets to see what will work... :thumbup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sport bike frames are much beefier cast aluminum spars. I'd be afraid even a low speed get off with your set up would bend the shit out of your Husky's frame. I'd think axle sliders and some 7602 Racing billet engine case covers would be better protection. Having posted this I see yours is a 610 and they don't make case covers for this model. What I would suggest is running a solid bolt all the way through if possible for the two sliders attached to the frame to help absorb any impact if you dropped it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could this work if you ran a rod between the two and maybe some type of tubing over the threaded rod between the two tabs inside the frame would that make it rigid enough to work?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Could this work if you ran a rod between the two and maybe some type of tubing over the threaded rod between the two tabs inside the frame would that make it rigid enough to work?
You don't want anything that will dig into the dirt if you low side, and a threaded rod will bend like a paperclip, along with the frame.

I've got a Hyde polymer plate, it keeps the cases off the ground without digging in and making a slide more violent than it already is.

Between that, handguards, axle sliders and peg sliders, nothing important has ever touched the ground, despite my best efforts... :anim_peep:

·
Registered
24 Posts
You don't want anything that will dig into the dirt if you low side, and a threaded rod will bend like a paperclip, along with the frame.

I've got a Hyde polymer plate, it keeps the cases off the ground without digging in and making a slide more violent than it already is.

Between that, handguards, axle sliders and peg sliders, nothing important has ever touched the ground, despite my best efforts... :anim_peep:

Your bike looks good, did you powder coat the swing arm? where did you get the plate? Does it keep the cases off the ground.. What sliders do you use? I have some on there with some handgaurds and bar ends but my shifter still got jammed into the case and the side still hit the ground.. Luckily it's just cosmetic but it got me scared to lay it down again.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Your bike looks good, did you powder coat the swing arm? where did you get the plate? Does it keep the cases off the ground.. What sliders do you use? I have some on there with some handgaurds and bar ends but my shifter still got jammed into the case and the side still hit the ground.. Luckily it's just cosmetic but it got me scared to lay it down again.
It's a 630, so it came with a black frame/swing arm. They Hyde plate is the same as for a 610, from HYDE RACING and it covers the lower portions of the cases, and it's saved the side covers on two occasions. You may have to trim a little notch to clear the shift lever, but it's not a big deal.

There's not much to be done about the shifter, I snapped a Hammerhead shift tip once and just machined my own from a chunk of billet after that to actually fit how I wanted it to.

The axle sliders are SME, but they're out of business. There's a guy on here that's making some almost identical rear slider blocks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a 630, so it came with a black frame/swing arm. They Hyde plate is the same as for a 610, from HYDE RACING and it covers the lower portions of the cases, and it's saved the side covers on two occasions. You may have to trim a little notch to clear the shift lever, but it's not a big deal.

There's not much to be done about the shifter, I snapped a Hammerhead shift tip once and just machined my own from a chunk of billet after that to actually fit how I wanted it to.

The axle sliders are SME, but they're out of business. There's a guy on here that's making some almost identical rear slider blocks.
thank you this is exactly what ive been looking for

1 - 10 of 10 Posts