SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, hello everyone! This is my new ride. It is 2001. year, and it was lying for 3 years behind the house because she needed new piston, 2 valves, cylinder etc... Engine has blown few days after my brother bought it.

So I assembled it and decide to buy from my brother. Here are some pictures:

And I've got few question for you. I think that my clutch housing is in pretty bad condition, so from which other husky models it fits to smr 570? Would be smart thing to buy some stronger/aftermarket housing, if so could you give me some reference?

Sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Love to see old/dead bikes revived, good work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today my husky got new license plate. Now it is 100% legal. It need new sprockets, it should be 17/48, now is 14/48. I think that 16/45 will be close to OEM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Husky is broken :rolleyes:. On 573km from rebuild exhaust valve has broken. Piston, head and valves are destroyed and cylinder has broken. Don't know if con rod, crankshaft and blocks are damaged, but if they aren't it is still too expensive repair. I am thinking of buying 1997 te610 complete bike. It has 8 hours from rebuild (piston, con rod, bearings...) and man has a bill for every part.

So my question is about oil pump? How can i see the difference from 570smr with double oil pump and te610 without?

Please answer.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
I am thinking of buying 1997 te610 complete bike. It has 8 hours from rebuild (piston, con rod, bearings...)
I wouldn't go that route... old 610 engines without an oil pump can proove to be a royal pain in the ass as well.

the engines without an oil pump have an oil line running down to the bottom of the right side of the motor. that line that's directly connected to the case with a banjo bolt. the engines with an oil pump have a small seperate cover to which the oil line is connected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Long time, no see. :D

I've bought te610, replaced engine, sprockets, rear wheel (4,25", on mine was 5" and chain was eating the tyre), got new tyres (dunlop qualifier, they aren't the best, but it is driveable). Had replaced front brake pump, mine was to soft, now its new brake fluid and it is much better. Engine wasn't just plug and play, it needed some modification on rear carrier bolt. Got decals, need to order 510 rear fender and after ordering decals I realized that front mask is acerbis aftermarket, so decal don't fit.

Here are some pics for now, i'll make better soon.

I'll maybe put it on sale :anim_peep:, and if I don't sell it, I'll do some things over winter:

-new seat material (red/black combination)
-wheel bearings
-rebuild seal rings on front fork
-renew wheels (powder coat rims in black with red strikes, silver/gold spokes/spoke nuts
-new brake pads
-rear fork (black coated)
-asv clutch lever
-some other exhaust, maybe complete or just top (nicer, bigger, louder :D )
-some decals for rear fork
-smaller white turn lights (current are some for XL600R that I had at home)
-fish eye mirror (suggestion is welcome)
-etc...

Any critics/suggestions are welcome. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts