SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here as I just joined the forums so cut me some slack. A quick search didn't really turn up anything about the new 701 Supermoto that's coming state side in March. I just placed my $500 deposit on one at a not so local dealer as nobody close got one. They all ordered a few but the Husky reps base it soley off of previous sales. Ex the more Huskys you sell, the better your odds of getting one on the showroom floor. For example my dealer ordered 3 SM's and got 1 and ordered 6 Enduros and got 3! I will be updating this thread upon delivery of the bike as well as doing reviews and maybe some moto vlogs/how to vids on YouTube. That will be a whole new adventure as well. This is a general 701 SM thread so as long as it's SM related I hope we can keep this Newbie thread alive!

HuskyLifeNotHuskyWife✌

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 701 looks so sick. I was gonna try to order one, but they are pricey! Either way, some of the best looking supermotos on the market.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 701 looks so sick. I was gonna try to order one, but they are pricey! Either way, some of the best looking supermotos on the market.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I agree that they are pricey! I'm just glad to see them coming stateside! Not sure why the Husky passes US emissions and the KTM 690 SMCR doesn't but I don't care! I'm just happy to see a true factory build SM bike besides the 16 year old DRZ 400SM! Was just emailed by my dealer confirming that my 701 SM will be available for pickup March 12!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Welcome to SMJ and congrats on your new purchase !!

P.S. We already have a thread for the 701 here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to SMJ and congrats on your new purchase !!

P.S. We already have a thread for the 701 here.
Yea, sorry Evol! I saw that thread but after reading through the 5 pages, it turned out to be just 701's in general with some KTM 690 super duke mixed in and not specifically the 701 SM if any of our friends across the pond can chime in that already own a 701 SM, where can I go ahead and purchase a fender eliminator? As its proven time and time again, in terms of a license plate holder bigger is not better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
It's all good...

Dare I say it, you could also check on the ADVrider forum as some of those guys already have their 701 Enduros. They might have info for the fender eliminator, etc...I know one guy already has the Akra slip-on on his.

And of course, bring the info back with you....:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all good...

Dare I say it, you could also check on the ADVrider forum as some of those guys already have their 701 Enduros. They might have info for the fender eliminator, etc...I know one guy already has the Akra slip-on on his.

And of course, bring the info back with you....:D
Was doing some creeping on that ADV forum and found some pretty interesting things, first is that someone has successfully fitted a Wings 690 Enduro exhaust to the 701 without any modification! Second is no more need for the rear subframe reinforcement kit that plagued the KTM's and their weak mounting bolts If you want to back her out around corners as I plan to do, then you will need #27012953000 for the ABS Dongle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is the newbie section so welcome. All specific questions can be found in the subforums. There are several 701 Supermoto threads going, I know I started at least 2 since there so many issues with deposits, availability, delivery dates, etc so if you post here about 98% of the people with 701s or reading about them won't be here. Try to find the manufacturer forums, then hit subform, and find Husqvarna. It has about 9000 posts alone so scroll through the malaise. I thy and keep the 701 threads near the top.

Welcome to SMJ and I hope to read more about your 701.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts