SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty new to the supermoto stuff. ive had dirtbikes sense i was 5. got into gokart racing when i was 10 then got out of it at around 16. im 21 now and really looking for a supermoto bike that has power and street leagle. right now im leaning twords the husqvarna 610. they had a used on at the local dealership for $6199 with just under 1000 miles on it. it was there demo bike i guess the guy said. he told me it had been rejeted and it had a nice sounding pipe on it. i forgot brand it wasnt somthing im familiar with. in your guy's opinion are they good bikes for short street rides? mostly canyon runs? cuz i live like 2 blocks away from Turnbull Canyon. thanks for your guy's input and if there are other bikes you would recomend please let me know thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome!!
In my opinion, the Husky 610 is a rock-solid street-tard. It'll do longer trips as well, maintenance is a breeze and it's a blast to ride.
If you're really only going for short trips, I would look into the 510 as well, they're lighter and more powerful so even more fun... Can't go wrong with either one!! GL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I agree the Husky is a great bike, I have 2 restored ones from the 80's. if you want a used one try Fletchers Cycles in Memphis, TN he is a great source for new and used including vintage parts and bikes. He may be abel to find you a sweet deal. Let me know what happens

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
It just depends on your budget, the New Ktm 690 is getting really good reviews. You could also pick up a low miles 625SMC these days pretty resonable. So many great bikes so little time. If I had a Husky I would want it to look just like this one. The owner says it's an amazing ride, I tend to believe him on that. And it's PLATED!
GOTA RID

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
if your not a pro rider who is given bikes to destroy on any given season then ANY bike is super fun on the track... especially the 610, ive done a small parkinglot track and it had to have been the most fun ive had on my bike, then i jumped on a ktm 450 just to compare and my bike was wayyyyy smoother, in and out of corners. the ktm was just a little stickier to the ground... it had slicks though and i was running conti's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh im debating on the 610 or a ktm450. if i go with the 450 i wont die on the street... lol but then i cant do any canyon running... leaglly lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts