SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you SM 610 owners know how to set your speedo to change readings going down the road, mine won't, I have to stop the bike to check the trip miles of check anything else than what it was when I started rolling~??? I have a manual but I can't find anything in that either about how to change it from letting me do that. Please help if you can? :rolleyes: Tim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im pretty sure you cant. Forget where I read it, but I think its a feature of our computer that it can only change displays when the speedo reads zero. Mine does the same thing.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
So THAT'sthe deal. Thought my gloves were too fat to do the deal.
Dave

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well I am pretty sure it won't allow you to change screens when the speedometer is anything but zero. If you unplug your speedo the display will show 0 mph hence you will be able to change the screen. Of course the only screens that will have any info on them would be the RPM and time screens. But you could switch back and forth between them while passing soccer moms on the highway.

Sorry for all that. Basically you can't change it while riding. I tend to have to change it to a different screen for the type of riding I am doing and what info I want to see. It does suck that you have to think about it before you take off. oh well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I thought when you up plug the speedo, but I was trying to check my trip miles without stopping, I guess I can't~??? Thanks anyway everyone.

·
Banned
900 Posts
mine is set up so i only see tach and speedo
nothin else

the manual tell you how to set this up you got to read it first!!! lol
you can pic and choose what you want displayed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine is set up so i only see tach and speedo
nothin else

the manual tell you how to set this up you got to read it first!!! lol
you can pic and choose what you want displayed
Yea, I did read all that in my shop manual, but it didn't tell me this (how to change it when I was rolling) and I did set what I wanted to know/see but that still didn't tell me how to change it when moving, so I wanted to know from some of you that has had your bikes longer than I have if that is possible, though someone might know~?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts