SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
That is a very interesting article. Cagiva has a long track record of doing business in this way. However, the MV Augusta deal has nothing to do with Husqvarna. Husky and MV are/were separate entities owned buy the Cagiva group. So, BMW will still hold Husky. German owned, Italian built, for now. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
If Husqvarna is owned by BMW now then HD buying MV would not change anything about Husqvarna's ownership, right?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Close one

Imagine Harley bought it up before BMW could it would be a shame for all thu husku guys to have to burn their bikes in protest.

Just imagine

2010 SMR 510

22hp

485 lbs

Drum brakes

Tall windscreen

Handlebar tassles

Warrantied to be free of power and reliablity.

Arrow power up kit now includes a can that lowers power but makes it louder. as well as a sissy bar for the misses.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Imagine Harley bought it up before BMW could it would be a shame for all thu husku guys to have to burn their bikes in protest.

Just imagine

2010 SMR 510

22hp

485 lbs

Drum brakes

Tall windscreen

Handlebar tassles

Warrantied to be free of power and reliablity.

Arrow power up kit now includes a can that lowers power but makes it louder. as well as a sissy bar for the misses.

Holy shit. I cant stop laughing at that!:laughingr:laughingr:laughingr

Good one dude.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
My husky leaks enough! If HD bought it, I'd be screwed! LOL

It's bad enough AMA is turning in Bike NASCAR! Now HD is buying Italian bikes? What's going on?

fromt eh agusta forum:
matty said:
sweeeeet....now i can wear those assless chaps i bought

·
Registered
1 Posts
:laughingr :laughingr :laughingr

Seeing HD buying Husqvarna would not be good in European vision...

The only manufacture that would please me to buy Husqvarna, would be a japonese one, specially Honda. Being a proud owner of an XR400R I think you guys understand.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:hammer:

wow, prettey soon husky logo stuff can be found anywhere?

i can get hats, t-shirts, key chains, drink coasters, playing cards, lunch boxes - maybe FORD will build a HUSKY branded F150 pickup truck...

btw - where you you cats get your husky logo stuff?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ugggghhh. What is close to being the most exotic motorcycle company around today, in my opinion, purchased by the world's biggest producer of two wheeled turds. It makes me sick. I can tell you that I won't be buying an MV Agusta in the future.

Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
I love my HUSKY like the rest of you... if HD had anything to do it... Man, I just dont know. I hate HD as much as I love Husky. F*&king HD fags. :rant: OH well,, a least I dont have to wave to anyone any more.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
It wouldn't be the first time Harley actually purchased an Italian marque. Harley owned Aermacchi motorcycles for a time and actually won some road racing titles with them.

Of course, the result of the American version of the Aermacchi Sprint was a turd compared to the European version:

US Sprint

Euro

and here's a classy racer version for perspective:

So yeah, Harley can muck up a really good bike, but then again, I don't think they will be that stupid this time around if the deal comes through. You really have have to worry about the dealer network as usual.

One last thought, MV's are made in the old Aermacchi factory, deja vu....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts