SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Um...where be the headlight and all the other street legal stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My interest in E-bikes is directly proportional to $$.

I think I would be willing to pay 1/2 the price for 1/2 the performance (top speed/power) in order to stealthily cruise the neighborhood. So say $4k if I can ride at up to 50mph for 30 min.

But really in no case am I going to pay $8k+ for any e-bike. I could get a really lovely KTM for that kind of money.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My interest in E-bikes is directly proportional to $$.

I think I would be willing to pay 1/2 the price for 1/2 the performance (top speed/power) in order to stealthily cruise the neighborhood. So say $4k if I can ride at up to 50mph for 30 min.

But really in no case am I going to pay $8k+ for any e-bike. I could get a really lovely KTM for that kind of money.
Electric bikes are still new to the market, that's that they are so expensive. I build all my electric bikes, and they are fairly cheap. Actually my electric bike is around the $4k mark give or take, and hits 53mph more than a hour riding time.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today 6 years after first writing this post I have a Sur Ron Ebike that is pretty Cool-
have been riding for a year now - have both Supermoto and dirt wheels -
ridden 200 miles on moto tires and 800 miles in dirt -
Really fun to ride but suspension was ok ish but wore out quick -
Its fast enough and can be made Crazy fast for $2k more -
I liked riding Ebike right away - I road 200 miles on a Really Grippy concret parking lot
50 feet behind houses complex was great -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts