SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 1345 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Talked to someone at Larson's Cycle in cambridge, MN and they said they were expecting to here something in late Feb. or March.
Never heard anything back from them after that.
Husky did add a new video to the 701 site yesterday or monday that shows it in action finally.
Planning/hoping to get one too.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The thing that gets me is that when it was first announced, they said the 701 would have a few differences to the SMC-R, and yet, other than the plastics (and slightly larger fuel tank - hence the larger rear end), they have not shared any info that is different compared to the SMC-R. :hmmm:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think they intended on straying too far from the mechanical portion of the bike, just mainly cosmetic differences.
But I am also surprised that they haven't released a full spec sheet for the bike, especially if it's supposed to be in the states in a month and a half or 2?:headscrat
Just wish they would release more info and let me take one for a test ride. :lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts

might imagine that they will do the same as the other husky’s : with uprated suspenders, and more mapping. just a guesstimate. Hope they leak a little info for you guys.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Just got off the phone with a local dealer and he said that the announcement for the new models will be in Virginia on August 9th !!!
Also, from what he heard, the 401's will be formally announced at the same time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone heard any updates?

I emailed the dealer i have been speaking with and havent yet received a response.
Nothing here either, dealer I talked to was going to give me an update after their dealer meeting a few weeks back but never heard any more.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nothing here either, dealer I talked to was going to give me an update after their dealer meeting a few weeks back but never heard any more.
Same here....
I'm interested in the new 701, but the new 690 Duke will have dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp stock (bore and stroke are changed for 2016). It's got me thinking....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've been searching all around the web too lately and can't find anything.
I would just like to know a release date and if it's coming to the states.
Still trying to decide if spending $10k+ on a bike is worth it when I could buy 2 for that. :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well they must have heard us talking Hahaha. Bunch of new info on the 701 site. Release date of November 15th for Europe. Didn't read far enough to see if it says anything for US

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Same here....
I'm interested in the new 701, but the new 690 Duke will have dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp stock (bore and stroke are changed for 2016). It's got me thinking....
Now I have to do the Cam Upgrade on my '14 690 to keep up - Always love a good HP project

That Ice Vid is awesome

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
According to the specs on the website, it will be the "old" 690cc engine in there, not the "new" 2016 693cc engine.
Honestly, that bugs me. Yeah, I'd rather have the dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp and extra torque of the new revised engine, but the main thing in my mind now, is that I'd be spending $12k+ (Canadian) for "old tech". Maybe it's just me, but for that much coin, I'd like to have the latest tech....

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
According to the specs on the website, it will be the "old" 690cc engine in there, not the "new" 2016 693cc engine.
Honestly, that bugs me. Yeah, I'd rather have the dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp and extra torque of the new revised engine, but the main thing in my mind now, is that I'd be spending $12k+ (Canadian) for "old tech". Maybe it's just me, but for that much coin, I'd like to have the latest tech....
Regardless of currency, I could not agree more amigo

1 - 20 of 1345 Posts