SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a Husky 610, 2001, 18,000kms. Ive regulary serviced my own bikes but untill now, this being my first big single, I've been wondering how to give it a proper service. Its not running perfect atm, still beasty though, very tempermnetal start. The things ild like to know is oil quantity? Ive heard many different ones haha. Also cam chain and valve clearences im not 100% confident on. What else do you do to keep it running tip top? Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hello I have a Husky 610, 2001, 18,000kms. Ive regulary serviced my own bikes but untill now, this being my first big single, I've been wondering how to give it a proper service. Its not running perfect atm, still beasty though, very tempermnetal start. The things ild like to know is oil quantity? Ive heard many different ones haha. Also cam chain and valve clearences im not 100% confident on. What else do you do to keep it running tip top? Thanks
You may have better luck asking this in the husky specific forum.
I dunno about your year but my 06 and up to the 09 I believe are 2.11 quarts w filter change. I change every 600, some people do half, some people do every 3000 like the manufacturer state. Most of the valves are .002. You should try and find the pdf manual as it should have all the factory recommended service intervals.

I know on my 06 and up most people just watch the auto cam chain tensioner and change cam change as needed and valve checks every 1.5k and are happy as can be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts