SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Some time ago i was asking around, what the weird sound coming from my gearbox could be, after the bike fell onto the gear lever from a standstill. Interstingly, the bike rode and shifted normally.
Now, i've finally gotten around to it, and found something that looks like a part of a washer, in a left side mesh filter:

Before i start taking the whole engine apart, has anyone ever had a similar problem, or knows where this could come from? I'm thinking it could be from somewhere around here:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I re-registered just to hopefully help you out (probably fixed the problem by now). That fragment you found may be a piece of the clutch spring cup washers that are known to wear and go walkabouts in the 610's. See this thread Help! Debris found in my engine - 610/630 clutch issues | Page 2 | Cafe Husky

I found half a washer inside my oil screen just after I bought the bike secondhand. The oil was new so I'm assuming the previous owner sold the bike on after he found similar fragments.

I've gone ahead an bought a new clutch basket which I'll be installing soon. As for now the bike is shifting fine so I'll keep riding it until I do the install.

Let us know how you got on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your reply, i checked the thread you posted and the symptoms are very similar, there was also a lot of wear present on the washer part i found.

I didn't find a solution for this on my own yet, i opened all the covers, found and removed some washer parts from the magnet, those debris pressed into the soft magnet material and i had to use some force to remove them. I think those debris grinding against the coil were the cause of the weird sound. Anyway, i couldn't find the problem at that time, so i put everything back together and actually rode around for a few miles, and everything was working as it should. I'll definitely look at the clutch next time i'll have the engine open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts