SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after some advice if someone on here could help out in any way it would be much appreciated.
Looking at getting either husky 610 sm or ktm 620/640 sm,

Iv seen a husky in London(2007 model sm) it has 5400miles on the clock but has no stamps in the book, the guy says he has done the oil and filters himself but NO valve clearance checks.

What I wanted to know is:
Is this bike a risky buy being that valves should have been checked twice by now?? Is there any way I can tell (without stripping the bike) how bad they are,or if I it's likely to cause problems? Im guessing because its pretty central london it would have been city miles,and on any jap cylinder i wouldn't even consider it a problem. But im new to supermoto and only know what iv researched in the last 4months or so since iv been lookin at buying one.
Many thanks

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Hard cold start for one.... If valves are out of spec.
610 has premature timing chain wear and replacement. I'm not fully up to speed on specifics,but a search in Husky section will answer any questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK Thanks for the reply,
From what iv read the timing chain generally needs replacing about every 9,000 miles on the 610's but i can deal with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts