SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if any of you guys knew an estimate of what it might cost to finance a 2010 510 smr?

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you really want to finance it, get a line of credit from your bank. Don't do it through the dealership.
And if you can't afford to shell out 5G ... can you afford the costs associated with riding?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you really want to finance it, get a line of credit from your bank. Don't do it through the dealership.
And if you can't afford to shell out 5G ... can you afford the costs associated with riding?

so what your sayin is take out a loan from the bank and pay the amount upfront to the dealer. to avoid any added fees also they might even throw in a helmet and gloves if paid in full.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yep ... you'll get a way better rate through the bank, and that way, you'll have better negociating power, too. There was a thread on here about "how to buy a bike" that was chock full of good tips - lots from former biker salesmen, too :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes always go through a credit union or bank for a personal loan.

1) The rate will likely be lower than a "motorcycle loan" rate
2) You get the title in hand, makes selling way the hell easier
3) A LOT of insurance companies require you to have full coverage if it has a lein on it. With a personal loan this won't be the case
4) Cash makes it way easier for you to buy and should save u money if you do it right

good luck getting the husky

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes always go through a credit union or bank for a personal loan.

1) The rate will likely be lower than a "motorcycle loan" rate
2) You get the title in hand, makes selling way the hell easier
3) A LOT of insurance companies require you to have full coverage if it has a lein on it. With a personal loan this won't be the case
4) Cash makes it way easier for you to buy and should save u money if you do it right

good luck getting the husky

thanks man thats some useful info, which i think i needed

·
Registered
446 Posts
Check with your dealer.

My local Husky dealer offered me 5k trade in on my 2009 Aprilia, $1,500 off any 2012 or older model and 4.9% finaince for 60 months with zero down.
This was last weekend. Offer is good until end of the year. I had them write it down because I didn't belive it.
Must be a factory incentive because they gave me the option on about 8 different bikes.
The TE449 actually looked it would make a freaking awsome tard! I'm tempted to pull the trigger on it and order up some new 17" Excel wheels.

Tust me, they're making it really hard to go in there and just buy gloves without walking out the door with a new bike.

Personal or signature loans can very difficult to get if you don't have 150% of the loan amount in your savings account or a co-signer with perfect credit.
Never hurts to ask but without a title lein the bank has no incentive to just give you 6 grand.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Now is the time to get the best deals out of the stealership. They are desperate for buyers with the state of the economy thanks to Osama *Whoops I meant Obama. :lol: If you go into a Dealer and they start offering you what your financing could look like often times you just have to tell them that you can beat their rate if you go to your own credit union. They will often times say they will match that loan rate if you buy the bike from them now. I just did that with my wife's new car and they gave us a 2% interest rate!

I almost went through with a new Husky 511 earlier this year but it was my first tard and I wasn't sure if I'd love it as much as I thought so I bought an 07 DRZ with 13 miles on it. I have loved the Dizzer and I was able to drop cash on that one. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts