·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
JR when you talk to the piston people
could you find out if they can make a 510 and a 530 piston with a 8:1
compreshion ratio
Thankx Bill
Bill, that'll be a custom job. I'll give you a call.

Just ordered the kit and shipped off my cylinder to JR @ Toxicmotoracing. If you haven't dealt with JR and his company, know that his customer support is top notch. Made me feel really comfortable purchasing this kit he put together. Ill be posting an update after my engine is buttoned up. Can't freaking wait
Thank you! Much appreciated!

Oh BTW, total cost, shipping my cyl., the kit, and shipping back was just under $625. Still about $30 cheaper than the factory kit, although that includes a new cylinder, still a great deal considering these factory 530 kits are backordered for who knows how long...Plus a CP Piston!
You hit the nail on the head there :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What size and clearance for this 100mm forget piston with coating on the skirt?
Sorry I missed your post!

Piston size is 3.935" measureed 0.4" from bottom of skirt
Clearance is 0.002"
Bore diameter is 3.937"

Here's some sweet pics for you guys!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Husqvarna 450 can get the 530cc kit, or only the 480cc kit?

On toxicmotoracing there is also a "Husqvarna 530RR Superkit"...this is only for 510, or can also fit the 450?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just curious...450 is enough for me now, but I want to know if 530 can be installed in 450 also, or only in 510.

I guess only 480cc kit should fit the SMR 450.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did the 530 big bore on my 08 510 and it is well worth the money spent. If you are on the fence I would suggest doing it. Had mine dynoed before and after on the same dyno and before any tuning it increased the midrange horsepower by 7hp. Top end gain wasn't huge but the midrange increase was ridiculous. Have put about 2,500 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi all, little bit of a ressurection but am looking at doing a rebuild on my 2008 te 510, so was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a 100mm piston if there are any still available??
Thank you

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I dont know are they doing any more, but send email

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank you, im from europe so ill try the last one
Anyway did an oil change , at least drained the oil and this was on the drain plug and the small filter

·
Registered
153 Posts
Some of the shavings are red color , could only come from the head I guess, sooo its high time I think, wont be riding it anymore , dont think its safe.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well i bought the bike really cheap without a tacho or hour meter, have done more than 200 hours on it surely in the last two years with only oil changes and checking the valves once, extremely durable machines

21 - 36 of 36 Posts