SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Husqvarna riders! (2003-2010 450/510) Who wants a big bore kit? Toxic Moto is looking at having a few 100mm pistons made! Turn your 450 into a 480 or your 510 (501cc) into a 530!

The OEM 530 kits are back ordered and I have a couple customers who don't want to wait so I'm looking at making some kits in the meantime. Cost is looking to be $550-625 for piston kit, gasket, and bore/replate. You must provide a good, usable cylinder.

Post up if you're interested so I can determine how many pistons to make and get a price nailed down. Thanks!

***Update!! Complete Kit will be $599 - Includes 100mm piston kit, gasket, and bore/re-plate service of your cylinder.
Just to make sure it's clear; This kit does not include a cylinder but it does include the bore/replate service. You must provide a good usable cylinder. If it has damage and you're unsure if it's still usable, send me detailed pictures.

Piston kits will be available separately for $359. Add a gasket for $23.50. **Piston kits include the forged CP-Carrillo piston, rings, wristpin, and clips.

Piston coatings available- $40 for the crown, $40 for the skirt, or $70 for both.

·
Registered
913 Posts
^What happened to your motor? Just curious..
This is an awesome deal! No one else is piecing together a 530 kit and like JR said, they've been backordered for a while now. Perfect for a winter build!

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure yet, bike and motor are still enroute, bought it sight unseen.
Those are fun projects! :D Chances are the cylinder can be used even if it's had some damage. What did they tell you about it? Any cool parts on the bike?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just that it seized up when he was riding out in the woods. Older gentleman, bike set up pretty tame, does have Rekluse and Safari tank, otherwise pretty stock. Only 26xx miles.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just that it seized up when he was riding out in the woods. Older gentleman, bike set up pretty tame, does have Rekluse and Safari tank, otherwise pretty stock. Only 26xx miles.
450 or 510? Post up your teardown/inspection results and let me know if you want a big bore! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'll be having CP-Carrillo make forged pistons.

Piston & gasket available if you want to take care of your cylinder yourself.

Exact prices TBD. Trying to get a few more people before I decide on how many pistons I'll have made. I can get the OEM 100mm piston kits but they're $450 alone... These ones from CP will be a good chunk less than that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I can get the OEM 100mm piston kits but they're $450 alone... These ones from CP will be a good chunk less than that.
Wow...OEM piston is 450$ and those CP is more less. That sound awesome deal to me, but my bike is working good and also i dont have any plan to change the piston now. So no to me

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice Carillio pistons! That's awesome and yes that is crazy that they are cheaper than the Husky piston but I guess if the supply is low on them it makes sense.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Update!! Complete Kit will be $599 - Includes 100mm piston kit, gasket, and bore/re-plate service of your cylinder.
Just to make sure it's clear; This kit does not include a cylinder but it does include the bore/replate service. You must provide a good usable cylinder. If it has damage and you're unsure if it's still usable, send me detailed pictures.

Piston kits will be available separately for $359. Add a gasket for $23.50. **Piston kits include the forged CP-Carrillo piston, rings, wristpin, and clips.

Piston coatings available- $40 for the crown, $40 for the skirt, or $70 for both.

Let me know if you'd like to get involved. This is open to the 2003-2010 Husqvarna 450 and 510. Bore your bike to a 480 or 530! This may only be available for a limited time only, we'll see how things go. Tell your friends to jump in on this while it's available!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just ordered the kit and shipped off my cylinder to JR @ Toxicmotoracing. If you haven't dealt with JR and his company, know that his customer support is top notch. Made me feel really comfortable purchasing this kit he put together. Ill be posting an update after my engine is buttoned up. Can't freaking wait

Oh BTW, total cost, shipping my cyl., the kit, and shipping back was just under $625. Still about $30 cheaper than the factory kit, although that includes a new cylinder, still a great deal considering these factory 530 kits are backordered for who knows how long...Plus a CP Piston!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts