SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you noticed this news in the UK site MCN:

Husaberg ditches supermotos after selling 7 in 2010

Husaberg has ditched the last of its supermoto models after selling just 7 in the UK last year.
The innovative FS 570 four-stroke was the last of the Swedish supermotos to remain in the 2011 lineup, but in spite of favourable reviews and its novel laid-down single cylinder engine, it was able to shift only four units.
More encouragingly Husaberg has used its now 100% enduro-focus to refresh its entire 2012 range of two and four strokes.

Original:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...g-ditches-supermotos-after-selling-7-in-2010/

As I understand it, they will not manufacture supermotos for any part of the world, not only for UK.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That really sucks. You can't blame them for dropping the model with those kind of numbers. I wonder how many 2011 units have been sold in the US:hmmm: I've been wanting one.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
you can't tell me those sales numbres add up... 7 bikes sold in 2010 in all of the UK...

around here the FS has been quite popular both on the streets and in the racing scene.

sounds to me like they they just want to ditch it so they got more resources to put in their enduro range, which is a shame because husaberg was one of the few manufacturers left that offered a race oriented supermoto out of the box.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Well shit ,i guess a Berg is off the list now ,has anyone asked a dealer to confirm this?...7 bikes sold i'm not sure about that ,but i'm not about to pay for a new enduro bike and have to convert it to SM when they start at $9000us ,unless i find one for a steal.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I work at a Berg dealership. I have not heard about this yet. It's really unfortunate if its true, the FS 570 is really an awesome bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
BERGS IN SoCal

I picked one up 3 months ago and they had another in the box. Other dealers had them as well Is there a body count in Cali?:hmmm:

·
Registered
316 Posts
FS570s are still listed on the USA berg site.

The British site doesn't even mention supermoto.

·
Registered
27 Posts
USA and WORLD HUSABERG.....

WE THE HUSABERG GLOBAL FAMILY NEEDS ANSWERS your customers are asking for simple #s How many FS/FE and your mission as a corp.(KTM) etc:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here in Italy the situation is the same.
FS570 isn't available anymore.

2 freinds of mine and me, bought the last 3 Bergs available in the north Italian dealer.

Also Husaberg Italy has closed, now everything is managed directly by KTM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts