SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if there are any supermoto riders in my area. I live in Hyde Park, NY, and I am looking to find people to ride with in the Hudson Valley area.

I just got a new DRZ400SM. I am not new to motorcycles, I have had my bike license for about 9-10 years, but I am kind of new to supermoto. I have experience on dirt bikes though, so this thing feels very natural. I like to ride tight twisty roads. I am not into stunt riding or doing double the speed limit. Stick me on a clean and twisty road and I am happy.

Please reply if you would want to meet up for a ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm riding my SMR511 tomorrow - Sunday, with other ADV guys. Meet @ 9am at Mobil 82 & Taconic Hopewell Jct. We mostly ride twisties throughout Dutchess, Columbia, Ulster & Green. Come on down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm riding my SMR511 tomorrow - Sunday, with other ADV guys. Meet @ 9am at Mobil 82 & Taconic Hopewell Jct. We mostly ride twisties throughout Dutchess, Columbia, Ulster & Green. Come on down.
I would love to and it's close to me, but I have to work tomorrow. Let me know next time and hopefully I can join.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We're there most every Sunday. Anywhere from 9-10am and about 3-5 riders. We know lots of great roads! Just show up one day...I'm either on the Husky or my new R1200GSW.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're there most every Sunday. Anywhere from 9-10am and about 3-5 riders. We know lots of great roads! Just show up one day...I'm either on the Husky or my new R1200GSW.
Hopefully you guys won't leave me in the dust. I'm still a novice, possibly even a newb. I've been riding for a few years off and on, but I'm still not the best in the corners yet. Hopefully next Sunday we can meet up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Never worry about getting left behind, which won't happen anyway, just ride at a pace YOU'RE comfortable with. Our group has many years amount of experience, and very willing to share (the good habits) and can help you improve your skills. ATGATT, please.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys plan on meeting up at the corner of the Taconic and 82 tomorrow? I'm available if you guys are.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody meeting here today at the Mobil station? I'm here but there are no other bikes here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We should ride Saturday morning.i don't have Sundays off until next week.
I have every other weekend off, this following weekend I have to work. I'm out at 5pm most days so maybe a quick evening ride one night? Where do you live, what town or city? I'm getting a little bored always riding by myself, it'd be nice to find a couple people to ride with.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im right in peekskill, saturday night i have to go to a wedding. Im sure we can set something up for next saturday, sunday. We usally ride in the morning though... Hope you Dont mind getting up early.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im right in peekskill, saturday night i have to go to a wedding. Im sure we can set something up for next saturday, sunday. We usally ride in the morning though... Hope you Dont mind getting up early.
Nope. I don't mind. I'll be off not this weekend, but the one after. Let's try for Sunday morning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry Jason, I responded to your post via email on Sat, saying no one was riding this Sunday from the Mobil. (I did track day at NYST - awesome!) I assumed you got my message, but I'll make sure to post here next time. Not certain about this coming Sunday either due to holiday weekend, but I'll let you know one way or the other once I know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts