SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an update? Bueller? I am trying to plan a trip around it and all I have heard is the dates and maybe a real dirt section and that the kart guys might not go. Anyone know?:shhh:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:popcorn:

·
Registered
96 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
FYI, the last report we got from them a few weeks ago was the back street (the pit lane street) was being repaved to accommidate the karters better (aka not have them all with bruised kidneys) and they were looking at locations to put the dirt section.

P

·
0 Posts
If this comes screaming up as fast as Evel Knievel days is screaming up on me, it is time to get some details nailed down!

Is it going to happen?
Is this going to have the number of karters as in the past?
(I ask that for the sake of hotel availability... book soon!)
What are we looking at for scheduling?

Role call! I'd like to know who is coming. Is this being talked up on any other sites?

We have Evel Knievel Days, a Monroe practice day, and a Monroe points race before this, but the Hub City GP attracts people from more distant locations... they will need to have info to plan around.

This will be a points race, too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
We are going:rock:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am drooling for details on this 1, it just sounds like the coolest event & I plan on partying way too much both nights & completely sucking at the actual races... thats what us Texans do:arsenal

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
I am drooling for details on this 1, it just sounds like the coolest event & I plan on partying way too much both nights & completely sucking at the actual races... thats what us Texans do:arsenal
great event... a must go.....gotta go Kev....I don't wanna be the only big bald guy there.....how's about some "grappleling" for the bar tab...:rofl:
don't forget the seagull BBQ I'll do the hunting this year....
Klaus bring the BBQ or Jake as he is fast in the garbage dumps...don't forget the rain tires to enhance the "griptivity" :bike:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Don't worry, this event will be happening.

Kurt had a phone conversation with our contact today and they were asking how much dirt needed to be brought in and what sort of layout we envisioned. We've got some good basic plans.

We will be meeting with them next week to nail down the exact details (how many classes, which day(s), exact layout, entry fees, hotel reservations etc).

·
Registered
8 Posts
As we get close to this event, I once again put on a plea for any all all information on the Super Moto series and the names and backgrounds and SPONSORS of as many of you as possible. As the "Voice of the Hub City Grand Prix" (insert sound of gagging) I have about 8 hours of microphone time to fill each day, and I would just as soon promote your series and your individual sponsors as much as anything else.

Here is the way it works in the real world. Anything you can send to me BEFORE the race weekend I can edit and rearrange and print in a format I can use easily. People who catch me on the race weekend and simply tell me out loud or hand me a scribbled note - that is just too much when the racing is going on, I have a computer screen to watch, TV feeds, the organizers talking in one ear and my own voice in the other ear - I am not that good at multi-tasking. So - here is what I can use.

About the series. How many rounds per year, how many years running, past champs, current points leaders, etc.

Individuals: First and last names - age, bike model and details, all sponsors, best and worst moments racing, thank yous... etc.

Any amusing anecdotes or friendly digs at your competitors... etc. I pretty much have freedom to talk about anything I want!

Please send anything you have to [email protected]

This is always a great event, and I say that as a person who does not race Super Motards OR karts!

Cheers,

Dave Preston
Public Relations, etc.
Cycle Barn MotorSports Group

·
Registered
498 Posts
How and when do we sign up for this gig?

Will the cops in Centralia be as cool as the cops in Butte?

-Tyler

P

·
0 Posts
With only three classes, everybody should know now that there will probably be a limit to the number of riders that will get to do this event. The first year was 20 or 30, and last year was 30 or 40, and we were full up both years.

The point is, this is a great and well-loved event, and it isn't hundreds of miles away (for most of us)... you will want to KNOW if you are going to do this event soon. You will want to sign up as soon as you can.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can somebody please keep me posted on what is happening with this race? I want to do it badly since it sounds so fun (also I need the points and can't afford to miss a round.) This is still a 5 or 6 hour trip for me, so please let me know. I don't want to show up and not be able to race. If there are only 3 classes, how does that work with the smusa points system? Thanks guys!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts