SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found the time today to install the Acerbbis LED tail light that I bought about a week ago.

The one I got is this:

Lets get the story from the beggining. My bike looked like that:

The licence plate holder was reaaally huge so i decided to change it with the Acerbis one. The options are two, either to uninstall the whole frame that holds the stock taillight and attach it to the rear fender with bolts (thus loosing the turn signals), or fit it to the existing frame. I decided the second option.

1. Take out the seat and rear side fenders, uninstall the stock tail light (the frame too), unplug the electrics and you will end up with something like this:

Don't tell me that it is not a beauty without a tail light at all!!!

2. Get a aluminium piece (found at hardware stores, or brake somthing old and take it from there! :rolleyes2: ):

5. Make holes and bend it so that it looks like:

6. Make sure that it fits the frame (watch out the height as well)

7. Put it all back together and......:

The specific LED light is bright enough (not blinding, but enough to be safe...), has both a position light and a brake light.
Unexpectadly it beacame rock solid!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice, I just ordered the Baja Designs LED light - getting tired of replacing bulbs in the stocker(2 this week :rant: ). Hope my install goes as smoothly as yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, apart from the size I didn't encounter any burnt bulbs problems or something with the stock one.

The only problem I have is that the oil change indicator comes up every 700km :headscrat . But I think it is the f****ng firmware of the tachometer, who knows.... Not worried too much though!

Next mods:
1. Leo vince silencer (any ideas where to compare prices with motostrano???? It is the only one found while googling...)
2. K&N air filter (model no please?? I have found a couple while searching in smj)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts